What do you do with blown speakers?

KBN

I have a couple of Carvin british series speakers that have voice coils that are scraping. (I guess I learned my lesson when it comes to playing bass through guitar speakers...:jo) What would you do with these things? I don't imagine its worth having someone recone them, or is it? If they are now garbage, how should I dispose of them? Curious.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
No value ... just grab the magnet for the fridge, will hold a lifetimes worth of report cards ;)

cram

I have a magnet I've used to pull nails out of ashes from the fire place in our shop/outside redneck fire burning pit thing...

cram

The perfect things on which to learn the re-coner's art. Why not? Your results may be every bit as good as anyone else that doesn't have a de-magnetizer i.e. 99% of all re-coners.

Start here:
http://www.musicianshotline.com/archive/tech/reconing.htm
and Google the rest
you see... that's a HECK of a lot more useful than me picking nails from the ashes...
I've got about 3 speakers kicking around that are blown (combo amp that's blown in the attic and a speaker I swapped out...). When I DO find copeus amounts of spare time in my life...I'd love to tackle something like this for a hobby.

but I likely won't...

Trending Topics