What do you do with your slide

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by Grun, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Grun

Grun Member

When you are not using it. I use a fairly heavy slide on my ring finger and I want to be able to 'lose' it and 'find' it quickly. Playing with 2 fingers just doesn't make it for me. I want to be able to switch back and forth. Anybody make or use some kind of a stand or rack or something?

Thanks

2. Zelmo

Zelmo Member

Slide on pinky?

The other option for what to do with it would get me banned.

3. ptown65

ptown65 Member

They make a pick holder that also has a slide holder on it as well. It attaches to a micstand. I use this and it is quite handy. Hope this helps.

4. robelinda2

robelinda2 Member

back pocket works for me. make sure nothing else is in there!

5. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

+1. You can just sort of jam your left (fretting) hand into your left back pocket, and assuming the pants are tight enough, leave the slide behind. When you need it, jam your hand in again, pull the slide out already on the correct finger. Speaking of things that might or might not get you banned! ;)

Works best on jeans, obviously, doesn't work so well on spandex body suits, for you guys who haven't forgotten the 80s.

6. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

I have a slide I can wear all the time, its rocket slide I got at a guitar show back in 86 or so, and I have seen them at other shows, the slide is fairly light, has a ring that adjust, a metal section with a place for your pinky and a metal bar attached to the metal frame, Its problem is that it is light, so does not sustain a lot, but it does work good on electric, and I will put it my pocket when I am not using it, however I really prefer my rock slide pinky slide, which I put in my pocket when I am not playing it.

http://www.therockslide.com/new/main.php

I have a couple of will rays stealth slide, but it only covers a few strings at most and is lighter than my rocket slice, I will wear it on my picking hand pinky for a cool slide effect, still prefer the rock slide.

[​IMG]

http://www.hellecasters.com/WillRay/WillRay.htm

7. ronin32

ronin32 Member

I have seen a guy with a a small sleeve on his guitar strap right above the top pin, he was playing a acoustic and when he was done, he slid his slide into the sleeve, probably a diy thing but it worked so well for him.

8. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

9. slyzspyz

slyzspyz Member

Keep it on your person. I've lost too many from falling off amps, stands, window sills etc and shattering, or in the case of a chrome Hoolahan ending up under the stage. I liked the idea of the Hoolahan but it didn't quite suit me, as well as lacking some mass.
    ps don't lend your slides, regardless of material, to the bass player.

10. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

if i'm just playing lead i'm weird and just stick it in my mouth till the song is over. then it goes into the backpocket as previously mentioned

11. funkycam

funkycam Member