What do you guys think of this guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by blood5150, Feb 24, 2009.

1. blood5150

blood5150 Member

Looking at a deal where I may be able to get it for around $1300.00

Its a Mccarty.. that is as much as I know at the moment... trying to get more info and pics....

[​IMG]

2. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

Those are great guitars but if you're not familiar with PRS, they can be a bit different.

3. blood5150

blood5150 Member

It would be my 1st PRS....

4. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

I'll tell you what I do when I'm looking at something I'm not familiar with...

I head over to a local store and try to find one similar to try out. If I dig it, I'll take the chance. If I can't find it, I just google it like crazy and read every review, watch every vid I can find, etc.

They really are fantastic guitars. I can't remember playing one that wasn't a gem.

5. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

I've seen a fair amount of McCarty's for sale in that price range. It's not that they aren't great guitars, they are. I've got one myself.

I think it's just that they've been pretty popular for a number of years now and with the times being what they are, there are some great deals to be had on really good used gear.

You ought to be able to get your hands on one and try it out and make sure it's what you're looking for although in that price range I'm not sure you can go wrong unless something has happened to the guitar.

6. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

I played a PRS for the first time the other day. It was a Custom 22 and if I would have had $1500 I would have bought it right then and there. It was a '96.

7. masayako

masayako Member

I think it looks hot. Go for it.