What do you guys think of this Nash Hendrix style guitar?

jbd3

Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear
Gold Supporting Member
Isn't the picking forearm wear spot on the wrong side?

theon

Silver Supporting Member
Hendrix played many vintage( or 8-14 years old at the time) strats with old right handed forearm wear marks.Just tell everyone you meet:"Oh that is a thumb mark from playing it with my teeth.I have to hold it somewhere you know?"

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
I dig the tort guard, reminds me more of a Jaguar or JM, color wise...
I played a Nash Hendrix, and couldn't get used to the upside down body at all....More power to ya if you can play it. I made up for not buying that one by purchasing several other Nash's tho, so enjoy! :aok

kidmandude

LOOKS NICE!

But I personally would have a tuff time playing with the knobs & P/U Selector in my way!!

GOLDENSTRAT

Seems like there is one that Hendrix supposedly owned at the Hard rock Cafe in Vegas that looks alot like that one - but not all mixed up righty/lefty.
But maybe it has the smaller headstock.
fred

Lublin

Looks awesome. I dig it. Don't sweat the wear mark. Buy it if you love it, but only if you love it.

brain21

I dig the look. I don't dig the poor upper fret access, which is why I like the regular strat w/ reverse CBS headstock route to Hendrix (and I just like reverse headstocks in general).

I wonder if there are side dots on side of the neck so that you can see them when playing. IOW, did he use a reverse headstock neck, or a lefty neck. I rely on side-dots more than fret markers on the fingerboard, so that would be a big issue for me. If it's really just a restrung lefty, I'd just ask for a regular Nash w/ a reverse CBS headstock neck personally.

But still I can't deny I love the look of it. Almost Dali-esque!

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
I like the colour combo...if you are a righty find a different bar that bar will drive you nuts, it's bent for left hand playing.

I used to play a left strat flipped for a righty...I love it! Once you learn how to get aound the controls you find all kinds of cool stuff!

buddastrat

Hendrix played many vintage( or 8-14 years old at the time) strats with old right handed forearm wear marks.Just tell everyone you meet:"Oh that is a thumb mark from playing it with my teeth.I have to hold it somewhere you know?"
LOL.

theon

Silver Supporting Member
Another thought about that guitar.The wear marks on a Strat played by Hendrix would look a lot like Stevie Vaughan's guitar.A right handed guitar played by a left hander would have wear marks in the wood at the top half above the pickups.Vaughan played so violently his pick wore the wood above the short part of the guard(I saw him 3 times from less than 100 feet for any TGP smart guys).This is where a flipped strat would have pick scratches.Plus there would be forearm marks near the output jack instead.Regardless of all this it looks great as is.If it sounds as well as it looks buy it and have fun!

HRydarcik

I'm a lefty who grew up in the 60s and 70s having to play reversed right handed guitars...strats may look cool upside down, but they're a bitch to play, besides the crappy upper fret access your picking forearm is forever turning you volume and tone knobs...I know Hendrix did it, but it's a pain in the ass.

TresGatos

Sorry, I see nothing "Hendrix" about it. It's a Lefty strat like any other lefty Strat. Put string on the wrong way and you can play it right handed.

Mostly I think it's goofy with all the right handed stats out there to think you gotta suffer the inconvenience of playing a guitar the wrong way around.
After the novelty wears off, you're left with someone elses guitar.

Just my opinion, if you think it's cool, well then it's cool.

Trending Topics