What do you guys think of this potential pedal board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeB_18, Oct 20, 2008.

1. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

I'm looking to overhaul my effects for my two Victoria Amps. After a bit of research and watching/listening to demo's I think I have a good idea of what I'd like, I want to keep it fairly simple. The amps are a Regal and Electro King.

I'm starting off with a Korg Pitchblack regardless of what I decide on the other pedals. Then it would be a Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso -> Fulltone OCD v4 -> Diamond Memory Lane 2 -> Whirlwind AB/Y.

Some other considerations are, Skreddy Screwdriver, Zvex Super Hard On, Maxon AD-999 and just for kicks maybe a Catalinbread Hyper Pak. I also have a Deluxe Memory Man that I'm currently using on a seperate chain into a Mesa F-50. I wouldn't be against swapping that for the delay on this board if I feel the need to do so.

What do you think? Is there anything else that should be considered or anything that I've mentioned that should be dropped altogether?

2. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Looks like a damn nice rig. What kind of music are you going to be playing with this set-up? Are you the only guitar?

3. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

All def TGP-worthy choices there.

(...for better or worse) LOL.

4. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

Currently I'm the only guitarist but it's also not a gigging band. It's just playing around with friends. It's for straight up rock, nothing heavy, just rock. Maybe some bluesy and jazzy stuff as well.

I'd hope so, this place got me into this mess. :rotflmao

5. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Ah, then I'd say you're good. Only thing I'd add is a wah, and maybe some sort of modulation like a vibe or something....that's just me, though.

6. thedroid

thedroid Member

I might throw the SHO at the end as a clean boost, so you have the choice of driving the OCD more on the front end, or just boosting volume on the back. Screwdriver seems like a great pedal, though I haven't tried one. But if you like the OCD better. . . .

7. steinwand

steinwand Member

great combination for a small board and straight rock plus some blues and jazz. maybe you can throw in an eq for the jazzy things.