1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you have that you absolutely love?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Magnets And Melodies, May 24, 2020.

1. Magnets And Melodies

Magnets And Melodies Member

Pretty simple question yeah? Gear related obviously.

What do you own that you love? Tell me about it.

Daniel Travis, C-4 and shane8 like this.
  2. bob-i

bob-i Member

I love all my gear equally ;)

If pushed, I’d say my 1962 Hammond A100, even though I can barely play the organ it’s a marvel of engineering, mechanical and electrical. When I got it 10 or so years ago it was 100% original, not a single part replaced. It had been purchased new by a church organist who used it as a practice organ. When she passed away her husband had an estate sale. He sold it to me for $100 provided I took care of moving it. Since then I’ve replaced a few parts, filter caps, reverb tank and one tube.

next would be a Princeton reverb I built many years ago, with minor modifications. I adjusted the gain stages for more clean headroom, added a mid control and squeezed a 12” WGS Veteran into that little cab.

finally, my 99 Epi Sheraton II. Lollar low wind imperials, RS pots, switch and caps. My go to guitar.

sprawlstopper, EL34, Sam Hill and 6 others like this.
  3. Presc

Presc Member

A few of my favorite things...

The soft V neck on my Danocaster. Perfect shape and aged/oiled finish. Can’t put it down.

The OX4 PAF replicas in my Heritage 535 on full blast. Gigantic sound and loaded with overtones.

The modulated delays from my Deluxe Memory Man. Adds a magical layer.

4. Mejis

Mejis Member

After years of gear trades I’ve got a few that I can’t see parting with anytime soon.

1. My 89 Japanese Extrad Strat with Lace Golds. It just covers everything I need a guitar to cover; probably the most versatile guitar I’ve owned.

2. My Komet KF50/Concorde. It’s such a beautiful piece of gear, and after having it for 3+ years now I’ve decided it’s about the perfect amp for me. It’s got headroom but isn’t deafening, it feeds back musically at will, and it can cop just about any genre with a pedal or two here and there.

3. Prism Sound Atlas. This thing was a game changer for my recordings; if you’ve ever recorded and driven yourself crazy trying make it sound pro or “radio quality” - or spent ages tweaking mixes - this delivers right out of the gate. It’s hard to make it sound bad. Expensive for sure, but worth every penny if you’re serious into recording/production.

Also, just listening to music through it is an experience; you hear everything. It’s like having bad vision and putting on glasses for the first time... but for your ears. Cheesy analogy, but that’s what came to mind the first time I plugged it in :)

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  5. David Garner

David Garner Gold Supporting Member

My Strat first and foremost. But also both my Les Pauls, my Oldfield Club D’Lux, and every pedal on this board.

[​IMG]

I also love my AC30 but I’m going to end up selling it because it’s way too loud and heavy to actually use.

Sociophile, Heinz W, Sneaks and 5 others like this.
  6. FennRx

FennRx Member

7. DeadLazy

DeadLazy Member

My mom got me an acoustic when I was a kid that I’ve had for 25 years.

my dad got me a Fender Strat that I picked out when I got my first gig. He told me he’d take me to get a guitar. Naturally, I reached for a cheaper MIM Fender. It’d get the job done. He said nope, get the one you want.

I now have a backup American Strat and a PRS SE acting as an option and backup.

I just don’t desire many guitars. I need backups but that’s it.

I do love the Strat I got for myself but it’s not the same.

8. Kurt L

Kurt L Member

Pretty fond of my Gibson ES-390.

9. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

My AxeFX III

I think it is absolutely the best sounding thing I’ve ever owned for shaping the tone of a guitar. I like it better than any amp, pedal, or other digital device I’ve ever owned. And it’s so unbelievably versatile and useful.

10. MrGuitarhack

MrGuitarhack Member

I love my holy trinity of guitars. I've searched far and wide and found my three forever guitars. Love the way the play, sound, and look.

2011 Gibson Les Paul R0
    [​IMG]

2014 Fender Custom Shop 1964 Strat Reissue
    [​IMG]

2015 Fender Custom Shop 1960 Custom Tele Reissue
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  11. shupe13

shupe13 Member

My €pi Peter Frampton Phenix LP.

John Quinn, Sneaks and MrGuitarhack like this.
  12. homeunit

homeunit Supporting Member

13. Tony Done

Tony Done Member

I don't really get emotionally involved with my gear, but the frontrunner would be a '33 L-00 that I have had for about 28 years, and on which i have spent a lot getting it up to speed.

Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  14. Lauri Vennonen

Lauri Vennonen Member

My K-Line Texola, Marshall Astoria combo and matching cab, Sunface bc183, VFE Old School tremolo, DOD Rubberneck, Line6 DL4, Montreal Assembly CT5... With those I feel like me.

Musicmaster and MrGuitarhack like this.
  15. christophervolume

christophervolume Member

All these have kept me going lately.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  16. MkIII Renegade

MkIII Renegade Member

Hiding from Murder Hornets in Atlanta, GA
    I don't have a guitar or amp that I don't love, that's why I bought them.

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't feel very thankful for deciding to pick up this warhammer:

[​IMG]

And I especially love it when paired with.....well really ANY guitar sounds GREAT through the Quad. :D

Pedals may come and go more often as I experiment.

17. BigDoug1053

BigDoug1053 Supporting Member

Guitars, basses, synthesizers, accordions, and musical instruments!

Scottunes likes this.
  18. stonem

stonem Supporting Member

My hardtail partscaster and my mark iic+. Both are irreplaceable.

MrGuitarhack likes this.
  19. Quarter Tone

Quarter Tone Member

Yanagisawa A991 Sax
    Epi Dot Studio
    Fender Tele (new arrival)

vernplum and MrGuitarhack like this.
  20. Jabby92

Jabby92 Member

My multi-watt Dual Rectifier is hands down the best gear I have purchased. I don't even use it exclusively for metal, but a huge range of tones. Even the clean sound is really great on it. The whole amp just has every sound I like and is very crunchy sounding. Even with a Tele I like the sounds I get. I think a lot of guys might write it off thinking its just a high gain metal box but it can actually do so many sounds and do them very well.

The other stuff I like a lot is my older Gibson and also my Japanese made Fenders. They are always really fun to plug in and just feel 'right' every time.