What do you have that you absolutely love?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Magnets And Melodies, May 24, 2020.

1. Cheddar Kung Pao

Cheddar Kung Pao Member

I over use the word love so for the purposes of avoiding listing all my guitars and amps I will just list the ones I would rather sell a kidney to keep.

Friedman Vintage S - great guitar. One that could be your only guitar since its HSS. My wife and siblings and parents bought it for my 40th birthday so it means a lot. and its awesome.

Gibson Custom 60th anniv R9 - its the perfect LP for me and short scale HH is my preferred guitar. It's only 8 lbs even and sounds and plays great. I plan to keep it for life.

PRS 594 - I got it in October 2017 and it's the guitar I have spent the most time playing as it's my overall favorite. Its more comfortable than the R9 and plays a bit easier to me.

Morgan JS12 - my favorite amp I have. Sounds awesome. It can sound nice and friendly and clean or it can sound gnarly and mean with the boost on.

2. TreeHugsBam

TreeHugsBam Member

An instrument that you can take up and accidentally learn two other instruments (bass and uke)

Chorus

an instrument that you can take up without learning how to read music

Chunky, narrow, flat radius neck

A sss strat that came routed for hss underneath

Boss pedals, roland amps

Chorus

Figured maple tops

Satiny neck finishes

Vintagey digital delay

Spruce tops

Chorus

Asymmetric clipping

Ultex picks (maybe nylons for acoustic)

Bridge humbuckers

Middle single coils by themselves

Chorus

Kahler trems

Planet waves stuff

Graphic eq

Compressor after drives

Bare unfinished neck

Chorus

shane8 likes this.
  3. LagunaMan

LagunaMan Member

Love:

- fender starcaster strat with few upgrades
    - warmoth strat with nitro finish
    - vht special 6 ultra amp

I'm still gassing for pedals. Does this ever end?

4. ZombieEater

ZombieEater Member

2013 Mike Lull V4 Jazz bass
    1998 Mike Lull V4 Fretless Jazz bass

5. iamdavea

iamdavea Silver Supporting Member

I have a Strat partscaster that pretty much wows me. It's a Warmoth '59 profile on a Fender American Vintage '65 body. Those guys at Warmoth must take a LOT of pride in their work, because this neck plays as well as any I've ever had. And the American Vintage pickups are on the darker side, and sound divine. All I did was bolt the neck to the body, and adjust the saddles--easy peezy. And I'm STILL now sure where the seam is on this Fender body. This guitar would make a lot of guys on the forum think twice about the need to spend $$$$$$ to get a real fine Strat.

6. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

All of it. It mostly means something to me. My first guitar gets played the least, but I'm glad I have it. My most expensive guitar, a Les Paul, probably gets played second-least. It was to commemorate a couple of big moments in my life. I have one guitar to commemorate my dad, another to commemorate a beloved pet, by the time summer is over, half of them will be ones I've either built or fixed (not just modded for the sake of modding). There's only one duplicate pickup in my collection, a Duncan '59 in the bridge of a solid body and a semi-hollow. It's a thematic hodge-podge that wouldn't mean much to anyone else but me.

7. ggwwbb

ggwwbb Member

Over the last 10 years I've done a lot of buying/selling/trading and over the last couple of years have gotten down to pretty much the guitars and amps that are keepers....I've got 7 guitars, 3 amps, 3 cabs, and a small handfull of pedals, and I love them all. I especially love my Tele (Muddy Waters sig), Strat (Classic 60s with Robert Cray sig neck and pickups), and Les Paul (Standard Traditional Plus). About 5 or 6 years ago I found a Fender Prosonic combo for a great price locally and while I knew very little about them, went ahead and got it....and with it, found everything that I was looking for in an amp. Since then, I've got a Prosonic head and Fender Tone Master head and have no interest in any other amps.....as far as pedals, a few that I really love are an Emerson Paramount and Em-Drive, a Diamond Tremolo, EH Lester K, Xotic EP Booster, and Lovepedal Babyface Trem.

8. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

9. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Too much to list. A few samples:
    • Spanish cedar body partscaster tele, with P90s
    • A 70s Greco N60 archtop ... ES-175 like but for the laminated spruce top, dog ear P90s
    • The sound of any archtop into a DV Mark Micro 50 CMT head, via a Vertex boost and Vertex Steel String

10. fenderjapan

fenderjapan World Heavyweight Champion Silver Supporting Member

11. Arcadia

Arcadia Supporting Member

I don't get that attached to gear. They're just objects. BUT, I do love my Maxon AD-900. I've not found another delay that I like as much, and I've tried several. Considering it's the only non-drive effect I use (aside from reverb), I won't be parting with it.

I also love my Castelluccia classical. It's really good, and I've have a hard time finding something as nice for what I paid for it.

Pablo and Magnets And Melodies like this.
  12. Cheddar Kung Pao

Cheddar Kung Pao Member

do you really love lamp or did you just see it and felt like you needed to say something?

Headwinded, shane8 and ShredSquatch like this.
  13. InkStained

InkStained Member

A 2001 American Series Double Fat Strat.

I swapped the rosewood-topped neck a few years back for a Warmoth single-piece maple neck, nitro finish, and I love it. Sounds and feels great, somehow scratches my Fender and Gibson itches simultaneously and I don't have anything else like it. Completely comfortable with this guitar.

[​IMG]

MrGuitarhack likes this.
  14. darchirnoj

darchirnoj Member

Love my TA Shorty Classic. Never ceases to amaze me and I can lose track of time every time I play it.

Also really dig my Marshall DSL 40CR; have the 6-button JVM foot switch and it works great.

For some voxy-tones, I dig my Boss
    BC-2 Combo drive pedal.

Very happy with what I have right now. Only thing lacking would be like a really tight metal sound, but I suppose I could get that with another pedal.

15. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

I love lamp. I love lamp!!!

~ss

stephax, shane8 and Cheddar Kung Pao like this.
  16. Machew

Machew Member

A little corner of heaven.

17. spencer096

spencer096 Member

the neck on my EJ strat

18. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Supporting Member

My 83 Strat..not "vintage", but a badass!... out lasted every PRS,Lentz ,Linhoff and custom shop strats that rolled through my lucky time to have them.. It just does IT!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  19. homeunit

homeunit Supporting Member

How is the amp compared to the TC? I tried PMing you, but I guess I’m not a preferred customer :)

Jabby92 likes this.
  20. Figman Freud

Figman Freud Member

Got a cig?