• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What do you own of the holy trinity?

The Holy Trinity: Which of them do you own?

• Martin, Gibson, and Fender

• Fender and Gibson

• Fender and Martin

• Gibson and Martin

• Just Fender

• Just Gibson

• Just Martin

• None of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

DWB1960

Can we basically agree that Fender, Gibson, and Martin are the "big 3" when it comes to iconic, long established, and hugely popular guitar brands?

So, what do you own?

I've got:

Martin D28
Gibson R9
Fender 57 Strat

vibrasonic

I'm a big fan of all three. I also like Rics:hide. I have teles, Strats, ES, LPs, an SG JR a 64 J50 and a newer D28 and a couple of Ric 330s.

VHS analog

Fender, Gibson, and Yamaha
wish it was:
Danocaster, Collings, and Santa Cruz

Last edited:

KenHR

Fender '70s reissue Jazz Bass and a Jaguar Classic Player Special HH.

Martin D-16 and Backpacker.

I don't have any "real" Gibsons, but I do have an Epiphone Jack Casady bass and Dot Studio.

c_mac

When I bought my Larrivee 9 years ago I was dead set on a Martin, which at the time would have given me all of the Holy Trinity but just for the hell of it when I was Martin shopping I picked up a Larrivee, that was it, no Martin for me.

buddastrat

I thought of those same three when I read the thread title. But then I pulled Martin out, figuring this wasn't the acoustic forum. But never had a Martin. I like 'em. But had lots of Gibbys and a zillion Fender and now pretty much play partsocasters.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
Gibson SG and LP
Suhr Custom Classic T
Taylor 414ce

Much happier than if I had a Martin or a Fender.

gigs

I've been playin guitar for almost 40 years now. I have never owned an acoustic. Just never found one I wanted to own.

Fender: Tele, Strat, and fretless Jazz bass
Gibson: Les Paul, ES-135, and Ripper bass

Serenity

I've owned Fender's and Gibson's but sold them all when i got my Iceman IC400. Nothing comes close to how this guitar feels and sounds to me. I know it's not for everyone, but for me it's perfect.
The only acoustic i currently own is a beat up old Eko, but if i was in the market for another it would be a Takamine.

gadzooka

I have tried (and liked) several other makes of guitar, but ultimately, the "Holy Trinity" is all I have kept... MIM Strat and Tele, ES-345 and HD28.

DWB1960

Taylor 414ce

Much happier than if I had a Martin.
I've owned a few Taylor's through the years and always ended up selling them. To me they are like the PRS of acoustics. Amazing guitars that just don't produce the vintage tones I'm after (late 60s through mid 70s Classic Rock)

padavis

I've got a MIM Standard Strat and an old ES335. I've never owned a nice Martin. I've typically leaned towards Taylor so I have a 310.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big mike

Platinum Supporting Member
Can we basically agree that Fender, Gibson, and Martin are the "big 3" when it comes to iconic, long established, and hugely popular guitar brands?

So, what do you own?

I've got:

Martin D28
Gibson R9
Fender 57 Strat
I put none, but I forgot I have (I know...I know..LOL) a Martin classical I inherited.

Trending Topics