What do you think is the BEST pedal of this decade?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jabby92, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jabby92

Jabby92 Member

So obviously over this past decade we've seen some huge changes in guitar gear. Pedals in particular seem to just keep getting better and with online shopping its opened up such a huge market all around the world. Tons of builders, tons of options, etc.

If you had to choose just ONE pedal from this decade that you think is the best, what would it be?

For me personally, it has to be the Wampler Tumnus Deluxe that launched in late 2017. What an amazing overdrive/boost box. I think its the only time I said 'wow' to a pedal. Aside from the OCD, its just the best feeling and sounding OD I've ever used. Its like it becomes part of the amp somehow, I just love it. Its so versatile and dynamic and responsive, like nothing else I've really used yet.

Let me know what is your favourite of the past 10 years!

andy474x, Solo996, uab9253 and 3 others like this.
  2. cap10kirk

cap10kirk Member

Hard to pick just one...for me it's a tough choice between the EHX Synth9 and the Dr Scientist Bitquest.

gearscrubs, dg87, guff and 2 others like this.
  3. Blue-moon

Blue-moon Supporting Member

4. whateverdude

whateverdude Supporting Member

5. Abram4235

Abram4235 Supporting Member

That's tough but I'd say something from Kingsley. For me personally, it would be the Kingsley Harlot. There is nothing else like it for me. A true extension of my amp.

6. slave

slave Member

I do double duty on bass & guitar, so this is a pretty hard choice given I have multiple pedalboards.
    For me it's gotta be Free the Tone Black Vehicle. It's a bass overdrive with a boost, but it sounds ripper on guitar too, especially if you like heavy stuff.

DanSimon likes this.
  7. squishcat

squishcat Member

That deliberately scarce fuzz where the guy put $20 worth of parts & effort into it for $300. I think it was called the Ripoff.

8. rizla

rizla Member

Probably still a ts9 or ProCo Rat
    Kingsley Jester is pretty nice also.

gtone, cam0122, leftygeetar and 5 others like this.
  9. LeicaBossNJ

LeicaBossNJ Silver Supporting Member

The EHX Synth pedals should be in the running

OCD may take a nod

Strymon's Big Sky kicked off a bit of a revolution

Hudson Broadcast or Duelist sort of broke the chains of diode clipping drives

10. J5jarod777

J5jarod777 Member

Only going on pedals I've owned, Catalinbread Belle Epoch. Man, why did I sell that thing?

mlkIII, RickAlp, funkapus and 4 others like this.
  11. Tootone

Tootone Member

I vote Strymon Timeline.

I think it was launched in 2012, and still a market leader. I'd like to know how many units have been sold in the last 8 years.

12. jlectka

jlectka Supporting Member

The decade...
    Well some drives that dominate come to mind like the OCD or KOT but it seems like the last decade really saw some great leaps in digital effects like Strymon is producing. My Timeline still blows my mind.

brettk7 and niassist like this.
  13. 3waytie4last

3waytie4last Unfluencer Gold Supporting Member

14. Richard Guy

Richard Guy Member

15. McGTR

McGTR Member

I have only tried an insignificant fraction of the pedals from this decade, so this question must be for a very small elite. So much great stuff has come out!

My best buy is the Origin Cali76 CD, getting an 1176 on my pedalboard has been a revelation!

16. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

There are so many it’s well nigh impossible to pick one, but for me the Drybell Unit67 is up there with the best of them. It is such a work horse. Boost, treble boost, compressor and EQ all in one - so useful, so good. I wish they would release a deluxe model with separate footswitches to engage different things.

But, because I am a fuzz guy more than anything else, I will say the Vemuram Myriad, because it is the best fuzz pedal out there.

17. Ryno1331

Ryno1331 Supporting Member

After collecting many great overdrives over the past year (king of tone is the one I haven't gotten my hands on yet) i have to also say Kingsley pedals. I've not found anything that has the feel, dynamics and string separation at gain.

But the revival drive is right there also. Being able to to sound like different cranked non-master volume amps at any volume with a small pedal is a game changer (and I hate that term).

18. sleewell

sleewell Member

19. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

20. olejason

olejason Member

Strymon Timeline. The 'game changer' moniker gets thrown around a lot here but the Timeline had a huge impact on the market.