• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

what do you think of strymon ?

MRCHILL4

a member turned me onto them . wow ! the echo sounds awesome ! the chorus is beautiful.

Ben C.

Excellent pedals... you will love them.
Do a search for 'Strymon' and you'll find LOTS of info. To narrow it down, keep the search results limited to 'search titles only'.

Bazaboy33

Silver Supporting Member
I traded a fellow TGP'er my Eventide TimeFactor for his Strymon Brigadier/Favorite Switch and have no trader's remorse. I never used 1/2 of the features of the TF and he was looking for pristine delays and more presets. Definite win-win situation. Of course, now I just dropped dime on a brand new Orbit Flanger from Strymon(just when my CC was almost paid off). So I guess you could say that they got me on the line. I hope that the Orbit is as good as the Brig. The Brig is just beautiful... I hope that the Orbit can cop my Hartman sound so that I can have 2 Flanger settings at my disposal instead of 1. 2 delay settings & 2 flanger settings should do it for me...

MRCHILL4

i am loving all of their pedals. really interested in the el capistan, and the chorus.

MRCHILL4

from the clips, it sounds like the chorus is lush, not to thick, and able to get a really cool leslie vibe.

andy888

they seem to have come out of nowhere as i only heard of them maybe about a month ago or so. I have not tried one but would love to be able to afford an el cap one day, the demos sound amazing.

jimtaka

Definitely the "it" pedals right now. I haven't owned any as they haven't put out anything that I feel covers anything better than what I already have, but they seem like good stuff based on demos and reviews. If they'd take their Strymon engineering and design and throw some Damage Control versatility at it then I think they could really do some amazing stuff. I have high hopes for the future!

I've got the Blue Sky Reverb and the Orbit Flanger....both are really good.

...I hope they make a phaser/univibe next!!

TomOliver

Yep. Great stuff. I have the blueSky and El Capistan and couldn't be happier. I'm a very fickle pedal person and turn over pedals very quickly but these two aren't going anywhere.

Tom

timme_v

Too much for my needs which jacks the price up.

Sure the blue sky has cool features, but in the end I just need a simple reverb, so I'm happy with the ghost echo I have in the mail and keeping half the money.

Toe

I own Blue Sky and Brig with an El Cap on the way. Love the sound, hate the price, hate the lack of presets ... I sort of want to try the rest of their pedals (Flanger, Chorus, Compressor) but I like to have a pedalboard with pedals from different manufacturers, so better not buy/try them or I'll end up with an all Strymon board soon. ;)

bsic

Silver Supporting Member
The chorus seemed cool, but it involves converting the entire signal from analog to digital and back.. that broke it for me :(

lux_interior

@bsic: did you try it yourself? If not, how can you possibly know that you don't like it? Suppose no one told you that this AD-DA conversion is happening. Is there a chance that you would like it then? It's a sad thing to see this new prejudice about AD-DA conversion of the dry signal that appears nowadays. It reminds me of the "true bypass-rule" or "digital sucks" habits of old.

Top Bottom