1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this...part 2

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by 94prs22, Jun 27, 2005.

1. 94prs22

94prs22 Gold Supporting Member

Thanks to everyone who listened to this little tune earlier today. I deleted the first thread and here's a much better mix of the tune. Constructive criticism is always welcome as I'm just trying to get better at this recording thing. This was all done with a Boss 1180 at home, me and a drum machine.
    Brandon

Union

2. nickD

nickD Member

Pavement meets Dylan meets you. Love the song and the delivery; I'll leave the recording tips for someone who knows what they are talking about. Great song though!

3. 94prs22

Thanks Nick, I've never listened to Pavement or it's derivatives. I hear the tune as a updated Woody Guthrie kind of thing, Rock Fella mentioned that it seems to have a little bit of Pogues in there too which is certainly a possibility as I listen to them regularly. I suppose there's some Billy Bragg influence as well. I suspect that I'll never sing a whole song in tune the whole way in my life, it's just not in me. For what it's worth, I didn't write the song, but the arrangement is mine.
    Brandon

4. marinblues

marinblues Member

Not my kind of music but its really merry. Well done.

5. 94prs22

That's the Pogues coming through. I love populist folk tunes.
    Brandon