• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What do you think of this pedal board?

GregDorsen

How does this pedalboard sound to you?
Looking to put a pedalboard together. I want a versatile but relatively simple board that can cover a variety of genres. From shoe gaze and dream pop to classic rock to blues and jazz to indie pop rock and ambient electronic style music. I already have several of these pedals. Tell me what you think of this group of pedals and if you would order them any differently. I m thinking these pedals in this order.....

guitar>boss tuner>boss blues driver>behringer heavy metal>boss super overdrive>redwitch ruby fuzz>boss equalizer>redwitch grace compressor>redwitch eve tremolo>volume pedal>mxr carbon copy delay>boss dd7 delay>digitech rv7/polara reverb.

Please let me know what you think of this. And yes I know I'm missing a chorus pedal but I have a roland jc amp so whenever I need a chorus sound I have a great one on tap. And before you go crazy about the cheesey heavy metal pedal, the reason I am considering this is because I am hoping to achieve some of the heavy, droning, reverberating walls of distortion heard in some shoegaze music. I have always heard that the boss heavy metal pedal is actually great for shoegaze distortion, and from everything I can see, the behringer hm300 is a cheap plastic replica of the boss heavy metal. So I m willing to pay 20 bucks for a little wacky distortion box and I ll play around with it and if I don t like it.... bye bye.

Multicellular

Id put the volume pedal earlier in the chain. Controlling the volume into the distortion and fuzz is great for drony stuff.

And do you have expression control for either delay...seems like youd want that.

I always recommend this for drony stuff...Zoom CDR. You can chain 5 effects, for example 2 delays, two reverbs, and a phaser for insta drone. Has a slow gear delay that can be used instead of a volume pedal as needed. (Can actually do 6 effects at once, but you need 1 slot to bypass the others.).

Id probably go with the Zoom over the rv7. The Polaras unique modes just strike me as being better shoegazy and Halo mode screams dream pop to me.

dpgreek

Silver Supporting Member
Red witch grace compressor >boss blues driver>behringer heavy metal>boss super overdrive>Boss tuner >boss equalizer>redwitch eve tremolo>volume pedal>mxr carbon copy delay>boss dd7 delay>digitech rv7/polara reverb.

Per ur set up, Id put comp up front as to not minimize all the dynamics coming from your drive section. Everything else looks fine to me.

My two cents and bc its the TGP thing to do :) and if money wasnt a biggie you want versatile and simplified and you did some selling you could go

Amptweaker tight drive pro (covers both bosses in one) > behringer heavy metal > ruby fuzz > boss tuner > source audio eq (so you can program 4 eq settings for different genres > source audio nemesis (covers your delays) > strymon flint (covers trem and verb)

Ditch comp and volume and use guitars volume knob for solos/swells

Sounds like u know what u like so hopefully you can find what your wanting. Good luck.

bobbyatomic

I'd put the Super Overdrive first in your gain stages, it works great as a boost and really smooths everything out that comes after.

Red witch grace compressor >boss blues driver>behringer heavy metal>boss super overdrive>Boss tuner >boss equalizer>redwitch eve tremolo>volume pedal>mxr carbon copy delay>boss dd7 delay>digitech rv7/polara reverb.
+1 This is where I'd start too. If anything, I'd ditch the Boss tuner and put a TB tuner up front and experiment with the Ge-7 EQ placement in front of your OD/dirt group.

Good luck. You've got the right stuff.