What does a Heady fella like me need for his B-Day?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Heady Jam Fan, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Pretty much it!

See my signature for my rig - my GF wants to get me something and I am too lazy to sift through my mental GAS list as I sip on some brews before going to the bar - I hope to see an awesome wish list here tomorrow morning ;)

Hopefully something I won't turn around in sell (within a week at least ;)), something functional / not gimmicky, something I don't have...

2. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

3. JTL

JTL Member

4. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

5. andrewruel

andrewruel Member

You definitely need a delay. So you don't set your GF back too far money-wise, I'd say a TC Flashback, a CC, or an Aqua Puss. If she's willing to spend $200, I'd suggest that she buy a used ARDX20.

6. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

Actually, let me and andrewruel confer.

He's getting my BlueSky and I'm getting his WET.

We'll let you know which one you should get :aok

7. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Thanks guys! Heading out to the bar now, but I appreciate it! Will be fun to read tomorrow.

A delay is a good idea - I already have a Flashback, but mine drops one side of stereo which is apparently common (according to TGP) and haven't gotten a good answer from them about why since I asked a couple weeks ago.

I was thinking about trying out the Stereo Wet - I like the Hardwire RV7, but, ya know... GAS (grass is always greener).

PS - Probably won't spend $200 and I wouldn't ask that much from her, $120 is probably the max.

8. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Supporting Member

If it were me, I'd go with something like cables, picks, strings, etc

1. She won't notice if you're not using it
    2. You probably will use them
    3. If she picks out the wrong one, you can exchange it for the right one and she'll likely never know the difference

If she buys you a pedal and you sell it, that's a recipe for disaster (more so with some GFs than others)...