What drive for Gary Moore tone?

eltorrero

Not old non available pedals. I like the tone on Still got the blues, this liquid gain. Thanks.

eltorrero

I have a Hagstrom Ultra swede with SD 59 neck and JB Jr bridge and a Schecter sun valley super shredder and a Victory V40 Deluxe combo. So dirt will come from pedals.

vice-mayor

back then he used Marshall Guvnor mkI or Ibanez ST9 (yes, not TS9) or TS10 so, ruling out not available as per OP request, it remains the Guvnor mkII and the ibanez TS9... according to following article it was used the Guvnor only so the final choice is easier:

Gemini2

I think a TS/808 and an OCD will get you there. Run the TS in front of the OCD. If you don’t want to roll your guitar’s volume like Gary did, boost it with a mini Tumnus.

Any Marshall in a box will get you near; (zvez box of rock, Fulltone OCD - slightly different flavour- , Lovepedal purple plexi, the new Tsakalis room #40, angry charly, etc, etc...

nic

Silver Supporting Member
I use a TS style pedal into a Timmy. Also works with a TS into a BB.
Nux ace of tone should work.

Strat58

Hi I can get that sound with a BOR and in front a TS style pedal (I use TS10) or an OCD and in front a Fulldrive instant Gary Moore, oh yeah high action on the strings, The TS style pedal smooth out the bass and it does the same into a dimed Marshall.
Peace Strat58

Trending Topics

Top Bottom