What drive pedals have an expression pedal to control drive?

kiki_90291

Integrated or an expression input? Playing around with my Lex, I assigned the expression pedal to the drive control and kind of liking being able to use the pedal to go from clean to really dirty . . .

bdj

Dr. Scientist The Elements has an expression input that controls your mix between dry signal and dirty signal... effectively going from clean to really dirty.

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
I was going to say The Elements as well. I'm sure there are others, but it's the only one I know of.

jdel77

Every dirt pedal under the sun can do this.
Simply stick a volume pedal in front of it. The volume pedal will increase or decrease the the resistance of the signal hitting your pedal, and thus, pregain.
Or better yet, just use the volume control on that there gee-tar of yours. It's kinda what it's for!

kiki_90291

I understand you can do this with volume pedals or knobs with touch sensitive ODs, but I want to keep the volume constant and go from clean to distorted

jdel77

Then you need JFET dirt pedals.
They are perfect for cleaning up on the volume knob/pedal and not turning down in volume. Very amplike in that regard and substituted for tubes in lots of amp-in-a-box emulating pedals.
Check out Menatone, Catalinbread, Okko, Himmelstrutz etc...
Or Kingsley, who use high voltage tube circuits that clean up like amps do...cos they are tube preamps in pedal form.
Zero volume loss when backing off the volume control.

ufo~

Actually the T.I.P. stands for Tone In Progress. Third hand pedals are getting harder to come by. I think EHX needs to do a reissue of the HotFoot. Pronto.