What Dylan Album Are You Listening To?

wire-n-wood

Supporting Member
and thoughts...?

Just recently purchased Time Out of Mind. Loving that sound, and wondering how many cigarettes I'd have to smoke to have a voice like that when I'm Dylan's age.

mc2

I have a bootleg of George Harrison and Dylan just jamming along, and the Nashville Skyline outtakes that I usually play when I'm painting/doing house work.
I think Time Out of Mind is one of the very best albums I own. There is so much emotion packed in there. If you have ever loved a woman, you can identify with that album on some level.
Scooter-I respectfully argue that Love and Theft and Modern Times just don't have the spirit and lyrics that Time out of Mind has. I like them, and Love and Theft is the better of those two, but I just can't seem to "believe" in their songs like I can with TOOM.

Cheers-

DreamPop

Blood on the Tracks

Perhaps it helps to remember that no matter how lovesick you may feel, you can’t possibly feel as wretched as Bob Dylan evidently did when he wrote Blood on the Tracks.

kugelblitz

I've listened to a lot of Dylan over the last 3-4 years, but I think I exhausted most of his albums and I've been listening to other stuff at the momnet (you may like The Tallest Man on Earth if you like Dylan. There are too many great albums to mention, but my favourites are:

Another Side
Blonde on Blonde
Blood on the Tracks
Bob Dylan (the debut album)
The 3 Bootleg Series Live albums
Bringing it all Back Home
Freewheelin'
Desire
Highway 61
Infidels
Slow Train Coming
Time Out of Mind
The Times They Are A-changin

DrSax

was listening to Modern Times yesterday.

"gonna raise me an army of sum tuff sons a bitches,
i'll recruit my army from the orphanages..."

lol

monstermike

Since yesterday - Another Side, Highway 61, Tell Tale Signs, Live 1966, Bringing It All Back Home, Blood On The Tracks, and a 1995 concert on Wolfgang's Vault.

Bluedano1

I'm kind of always listening to Blonde On Blonde, Highway 61, Freewheelin' , Live at the Gaslight, Bringing it All Back Home, plus No Direction Home- these albums are just alway in the mix somehow just about every day- I think it is a permanent cycle for me!

mr tom

Right now? Infidels! Earlier today - Blonde On Blonde, my all-time favorite album by ANYONE.

Zounds Perspex

Silver Supporting Member
ha, not the cool answer, but lately it's been the The Best Of The Original Mono Recordings. my cool guy answer (also true) is that I've also listened to the 1966 Royal Albert Hall electric set a couple of times in the past week.

Macsys

Blood On The Tracks.

A new album is due to be released this week entitled Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International. Features 75 artists from My Morning Jacket to Mark Knopfler to Tom Morello to the Kronos Quartet covering Dylan songs to benefit Amnesty International. I'll be interested = should be some good and interesting music to benefit a good cause.

Scooter-I respectfully argue that Love and Theft and Modern Times just don't have the spirit and lyrics that Time out of Mind has. I like them, and Love and Theft is the better of those two, but I just can't seem to "believe" in their songs like I can with TOOM.

Cheers-
Lanois produced TOOM, so it definitely has a different sound than the latter two self-produced ones (I recall that Dylan called the Lanois production a "witch doctor" type of sound). I don't know, they're all great. Lately I think I prefer Modern Times over the other two.

Blood on the Tracks

Perhaps it helps to remember that no matter how lovesick you may feel, you can’t possibly feel as wretched as Bob Dylan evidently did when he wrote Blood on the Tracks.
So true. And it's also true that every time I listen to that album, I think to myself, "This is the greatest album of all time."

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I've been going back to Desire a lot lately, but it could all change in favour of Highway 61 Revisited, Freewheeling.. hell, just about anything the man's made!

Trending Topics