1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

What effects pedal(s) do I need?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by beatlenut, Jun 25, 2006.

1. beatlenut

beatlenut Member

I have volume, wah, tonebone hot british, Boss CE-2, Boss RC20 Loop, Boss DD-20 delay, Line 6 Verbzilla, Boss TU-2.

What other pedal(s) do I NEED? Flanger, compressor/sustainer?

2. bchamorro

bchamorro Member

you dont need anything else.
    If you are in need for something specify it. Are you going to be using a flanger in a certain song? Or a phaseR?

3. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Get a lower gain pedal! The Hot Brit alone won't cover all your gain needs if you play a variety of styles, however loosely defined. I'd recommend an OD pedal of some sort.

You can also send in your CE-2 to keeley, I hear his mod is killer

4. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

What no Janglebox? No Hotcake? No Fuzz? No Vibe?

5. beatlenut

beatlenut Member

Maybe a Bad Monkey for the overdrive?

6. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Try that Fulltone '69 that is for sale at this moment for $115.00. That's a steal!

7. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I have really enjoying my recently-accquired envelope filter (EMMA Discumbobulator) and Phaser (Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser). A tremolo would be fun. If you're into weird sounds, the POG is cool, though I am pretty sure I am going to relegate it for organ sounds and then get a full-on E-H HOG setup with expansion/expression pedals for synthesizer sounds and such. I also have my eyes on a KR Doubler, but I'm broke right now. There are too many options and situations for me to say you need something else. I don't know what kind of amp you are running, but boosting it when it is running a bit hot is really fun, I have a few pedals I use for that. You also might like trying a compressor. It's very subjective and there are no rules, and you could come to the conclusion that you don't "NEED" any of it, but they're all fun and that's what it's about...

8. giggedy

giggedy Member

get a compressor, I'd suggest the analogman bi-comp or mini-bicomp

9. beatlenut

beatlenut Member

How about a Route 66?

10. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

What are you looking for, more overdrive sounds, or maybe a lead sound? or it could be a sound your trying to get from a track off a cd which u love. As i rule i always use three questions

1)Do i need another pedal?
    2) what will it add to my current sound which is missing or could be done better?
    3) how much is my price range?

Aj

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

+1 on the bi-comp, wicked compressor, Im on the list for one, dont expect Ill be seeing it anytime soon though due to the 1 year+ list, IM also on the list for the KOT.

12. beatlenut

beatlenut Member

In the running right now is:

Route 66 new $109 (overdrive and compressor in one)
    Route 66 used $80 shipped
    Boss CS-3 used $55 shipped
    Bad Monkey new $39 shipped

13. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

UGH. Don't get a CS-3. If you do, it's a MUST that you get the Monte Allums mod for it (either one, depending on your tastes).

For an excellent and cheap compressor, go for the Marshall ED-1. And remember with compression, LESS IS MORE

14. beatlenut

beatlenut Member

No longer need the Route 66. I got a new one for $109 shipped at Reverend (with free guitar strap).

Still would take a Bad Monkey for the right price. New they are only $40 shipped at an online dealer.

15. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

beatlenut have you ever tried beetlenut found in Asia? The effect is like a Redbull but you chew it.

16. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Why not get the mini bicomp? Takes up less space AND is a little cheaper AND not a long wait. I have no clue why people pay for the large box!! :jo

17. Monkey23

Monkey23 Member

I have this problem. I have my high gain situation taken care of (EHX's Metal muff), but now I need something big and thick and warm and bluesy and overdriven.
    I wanted to like some of the classics like the Route 66 or the TS-9 but I find them lacking in the bass department. I like a more humbucking OD sound whereas I think these pedals work better with a single-coil setup. Also need something a little thicker (for lack of a better term) and with more sustain.