What effects pedals are on these tracks?

joe2517

Hey guys,

I've trying to work out what effects (if any) are on these guitar tracks. If you've got a moment have a listen; I'd be grateful to hear your opinions.

On here from 1:21

I reckon there might be a cocked wah or something for that lofi thing but I think I can hear some modulation; perhaps a heavy warbley reverb? The whole catalogue is a free download if you like what you hear btw.

Thanks

JJ Fux

I am unsure, but I think I hear short delay. Also, I can hear some short chorusing? Sorry that I can't be much of a help to you.

ilyslue2

Is this you own music? It seems a lot like an advertisment post?
If not: the first one is effected by a short delay 10-20 ms with a lot of feedback on the delay line
The second sound like a chorus with rate and width turned up high
Both guitars have a lot of room reverb from a convolution reverb plugin.

joe2517

Thanks for the help guys, both of those ideas sound promising. Btw this genuinely isn't my music, a friend played me this a couple a weeks ago I've been racking my brains trying to work out what's affecting the guitar parts.

joe2517

Doesn't a delay with a short time and high feedback create a flanging effect, very similar to a chorus? Starting to think it might be that used on both tracks to give that metallic edge to the notes

Last edited:

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Generally flange is though of as super short delays: 1msec to maybe 15 msec. Chorus uses longer times, 10-50 msec. After that you can start to hear the discrete echoes and it turns into doubling/slapback.

So, yeah, a short delay although perhaps more of a chorus thing, with feedback/regeneration to get the metallic edge, should work.

Glitch Magnet

Second one kinda sounds like a chorus with really long delay setting. Or, a delay with a really short setting and a bit of modulation. Plus some ambience from a short reverb of some sort.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
i'm sure you could ask;
"tasty morsels" is a recording label in the midlands, england --- they have a facebook page, where some of the label participants post: click here to go there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom