• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What effects pedals are on these tracks?

joe2517

Hey guys,

I've trying to work out what effects (if any) are on these guitar tracks. If you've got a moment have a listen; I'd be grateful to hear your opinions.

On here from 1:21

I reckon there might be a cocked wah or something for that lofi thing but I think I can hear some modulation; perhaps a heavy warbley reverb? The whole catalogue is a free download if you like what you hear btw.

Thanks

JJ Fux

I am unsure, but I think I hear short delay. Also, I can hear some short chorusing? Sorry that I can't be much of a help to you.

ilyslue2

Is this you own music? It seems a lot like an advertisment post?
If not: the first one is effected by a short delay 10-20 ms with a lot of feedback on the delay line
The second sound like a chorus with rate and width turned up high
Both guitars have a lot of room reverb from a convolution reverb plugin.

joe2517

Thanks for the help guys, both of those ideas sound promising. Btw this genuinely isn't my music, a friend played me this a couple a weeks ago I've been racking my brains trying to work out what's affecting the guitar parts.

joe2517

Doesn't a delay with a short time and high feedback create a flanging effect, very similar to a chorus? Starting to think it might be that used on both tracks to give that metallic edge to the notes

Last edited:

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Generally flange is though of as super short delays: 1msec to maybe 15 msec. Chorus uses longer times, 10-50 msec. After that you can start to hear the discrete echoes and it turns into doubling/slapback.

So, yeah, a short delay although perhaps more of a chorus thing, with feedback/regeneration to get the metallic edge, should work.

Glitch Magnet

Second one kinda sounds like a chorus with really long delay setting. Or, a delay with a really short setting and a bit of modulation. Plus some ambience from a short reverb of some sort.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
i'm sure you could ask;
"tasty morsels" is a recording label in the midlands, england --- they have a facebook page, where some of the label participants post: click here to go there.

Trending Topics