What EQ pedal do I want?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by demon, Apr 21, 2008.

1. demon

demon Member

2. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    That article is spot on for the most part - read it a year ago.
    The only part I don't fully agree with is the power attenuator part of the article.
    I highly recommend the MXR EQ pedals - great & cheap.
    I have the 6-band one and will never remove it from my pedal board. It's in the loop of my Mesa but will work great thru the front input as well. You'll be amazed how it will improve your tone, how super versatile all your pedals and amp instantly become and it's worth every cent for it's clean boosting capacity alone :phones

3. demon

demon Member

what about using 2 like he suggests? valid?

4. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

cheap way to find out if its what you need is go buy a few dano eq's i've read they are decent and definately cheap

then i suppose if it does what you are going for sell them and get something better thats not in a plastic box

i just bought a hardcore high gain pedal, mostly because it has a 5 band eq already on it

5. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

ive tried the boss ge7 and the mxr 10 band and the mxr was much noisier than the boss...ive had them BOTH on my board and a/b'd them with my rig and the mxr added too much noise

I jave two ge7's and the only problem I had with two eq's was when I switcjed off the distortion the clean sounded crappy...I almost needed three eq's...one for clean, and the other 2 JUST when I had dirt switched on...i just posted the other day asking about this and I think ONE eq, plus dirt pedals with 3 band eq is the way to go...that way the eq and the amps eq get you good clean tone and each individual dirt pedals has onboard eq...even pedals with one "tone" knob are adjustable eq...