What ever happened to Eric Czar?

McRider

Been listening to a lot of Joe Bonamassa lately on youtube and have been wondering about Eric Czar. I saw the original band a number of times many years ago and always felt his bass playing was off the charts incredible. He tood Joe, and PUSHED him to play harder and better and the early recordings are still the best IMO. I saw he had a "go fund me" page a few years ago stating he had some troubles, and then he dropped out of sight.

Any updates on this amazing player?

DYNA BILL

The 2 times I saw Bonamassa, both were in a very small venue here in Springfield, MO. around 2004/05.
Eric was the bassist and he just tore it up. He made the show for me.

David Edge

Been listening to a lot of Joe Bonamassa lately on youtube and have been wondering about Eric Czar. I saw the original band a number of times many years ago and always felt his bass playing was off the charts incredible. He tood Joe, and PUSHED him to play harder and better and the early recordings are still the best IMO. I saw he had a "go fund me" page a few years ago stating he had some troubles, and then he dropped out of sight.

Any updates on this amazing player?

amoodymule

Silver Supporting Member
About 3 years ago, he did a short stint with Eric Gales. Awesome show at a little club in OKC, he was doing some orchestra project. Interesting approach to the low end for sure

twoheadedboy

I haven't even listened to the interview yet, but here he is!
https://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2020/05/interview-with-bassist-eric-czar/
Thanks for this. In the interview, he said that he got burnt out on touring. He also said that he was only being offered blues rock gigs, which was never really his thing. He took a long break to get his life in order and figure out what role, if any, music was going to play in his life.

Hard to see such a talented musician going through something like this, but that's the music business for you.

Paleolith54

Here's a little something to hold ya'll over.

The breakdown they do in unison on this just tears me up. I've said many times I don't know how Czar is viewed by his peers, but if I could play bass like anyone I think I'd want to play like him.

Trending Topics