What ever happened to the Catalinbread SCOD?

Drop D Cups

Silver Supporting Member
Several years ago this was all of the rage but you hardly hear anything about it anymore. Surely if it is out of production that would explain some of the loss of popularity but is there something more? Something that simply outclassed it?

Arewenotmen?

There was a similar thread a while back that was resurrected a few times. No one ever actually answered the question. I scoured google to try to find out if the SCOD had a direct descendant, to no avail.
But seeing how many pedals Catalinbread has put out, I don't doubt that there is some of the SCOD's DNA in some of their other products.

sutherland

The Catalinbread Super Charged Overdrive is one of the greatest overdrive/distortion pedals I have ever played. I would love to see Catalinbread do a reissue or a small custom run.

Just wait for @Burgs homage to Jake E. Lee.

erksin

There was a similar thread a while back that was resurrected a few times. No one ever actually answered the question. I scoured google to try to find out if the SCOD had a direct descendant, to no avail.
But seeing how many pedals Catalinbread has put out, I don't doubt that there is some of the SCOD's DNA in some of their other products.
The SCOD was pretty unique, nothing we've made since resembles it.

Drop D Cups

Silver Supporting Member
The SCOD was pretty unique, nothing we've made since resembles it.
It was always highly regarded. Did it just run its course and wasn't selling or was its production stopped for another reason? Thanks for your response.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Friendly outsider's perception/speculation based on his TGP posts: Nic got tired of certain pedals and just wanted to do something else creatively.

CB has retired others pedals that I like a great deal [e.g. Silver Kiss, WIIO].

This also helps the market focus on newer things.

Drop D Cups

Silver Supporting Member
Friendly outsider's perception/speculation based on his TGP posts: Nic got tired of certain pedals and just wanted to do something else creatively.

CB has retired others pedals that I like a great deal [e.g. Silver Kiss, WIIO].

This also helps the market focus on newer things.

Sounds right. Makes even more sense if you have a better version or something that fits the hole left.

i had one, i loved it. i moved on to amp gain but it was my favorite distortion pedal. it was high gain, kinda ragged sounding, and had this cool almost cocked wah thing going on when you played leads on the unwound strings.

its the anti-tgp pedal. its not transparent, its not versatile, it just kicks ass.

Trending Topics