What exactly is the Marshall "Keraang!"?

annostyle

I see this tern used for describing Marshall flavored pedals. What exactly is the Marshall "Keraang" referring to? If anyone can describe it in a way of words that would really help. Any particular songs or licks that are easily identifiable?

NewDr.P

mid and treble frequencies.

thats the english explanation. get ready for the silliest nonsense descriptions youve ever heard.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I would describe AC/DC's tones have a LOT of that "kerrang" :)

skunx

Silver Supporting Member
Appetite for Destruction
Dookie

To me it's the unique way the notes expand then compress and like Dr P said the treble and mid frequencies.

7thString

Agreed, a lot of treble and mid with a sharp attack. Plug into a plexi, strum soft then hard and you will understand.

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
Another hype word the internet & marketing invented to sell products.

shoepedals

It's sort of an onomotopoeia actually. Comes from the sound of Marshall distortion/compression and also the speaker breakup of the celestions they're usually paired with.

Smashing Pumpkins is a good band to listen to to get an idea. Stand Inside Your Love has a great example on the last chord that rings out. Muzzle also is a good example. So is the opening of I am One.

jdel77

Its that dynamic and explosive bark/roar/attack that Plexis in particular have. My Hiwatt when cranked has it too.
Turn up loud and play soft. Then bang those strings. At low gains but high volume that punch is there.

Trending Topics