What fender is this? (hum, p90)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by southbeck, Apr 23, 2015.

1. southbeck

southbeck Member

I can´t find what model this is. I only have this small picture of it where you can see that it has a humbucker in the bridge and p90 in middle. I think it also has a humbucker in the neck.

Any idea what model it could be??

[​IMG]

2. daddyplayedsax

daddyplayedsax Member

Going to need more pictures than that to be definite but it looks like probably a 72 Deluxe/Thinline with an aftermarket P90 in the middle. Not a production model AFAIK.

3. southbeck

southbeck Member

That´s the only picture I have. But it´s not an aftermarket pickup. I saw it in one of the background pictures on www.thomann.de

I also think it looks like som sort of deluxe. My thought was that there can´t be many fender models with this configuration so that maybe someone would know.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  4. ala02c

ala02c Member

Seth lover style pickup. Or "wide range". As said above they usually go into 72 RI telecaster models. Thin line, deluxe...

Great sounding pickups, they sit somewhere between a P90 and a PAF humbucker in my opinion. Fatness of the humbuckers with the snap and string definition of P90's or single coils.

Edit: sorry you are asking about the guitar model! Wish I could help I have never seen that configuration before. At least not on a production model

5. daddyplayedsax

daddyplayedsax Member

Sorry man, I'm not pretending to be the book of knowledge on obscure Fender stuff but it's not a production model I've ever seen. The only 3 p/up Deluxe currently offered is the John 5 sig and that's in black with three humbuckers.

Could be a Custom Shop offering, have you tried emailing Thomann?