• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What filter effect for this song?

Ivo

Please humor my curiosity. :eek: I've always really dug the guitarist' sound in this chune:

Any idea what he's using? I assume it's some sort of wah or phaser filter being run into the delay. If so, and as someone new to filter pedals, what would you recommend? If context helps, the band is (obviously) Reverie Sound Revue and the song is from around 2003 or so. Thanks in advance!

Hmmmm.
it does sound like a phaser into a delay.
Seems like a stardard phaser, nothing crazy. Small stone, or something cheap. That phaser has a lot of clarity though. Little miss subshine by skreddy has that kind of clarity

Reactions: Ivo

Ivo

Hmmmm.
it does sound like a phaser into a delay.
Seems like a stardard phaser, nothing crazy. Small stone, or something cheap. That phaser has a lot of clarity though. Little miss subshine by skreddy has that kind of clarity
Cheers dude! :aok I love the clarity of it too. I've been eyeing the LMS, but am a little hesitant since I've never spent that much on a phaser that wasn't in a multi-effects unit. lol I can maybe swing a used small clone as something to dip my toes with.

Last edited:

Ivo

Marc is currently building me a P19. xD Currently have a Skrecho and Lunar Module. Other than the LMS, I really want to check out his Hybrid Fuzz Driver. Love his work!

SurfGreenTele

This reminds me a lot of the effect on 311 - Flowing. Tim Mahoney says he used a preset on a Lexicon MPX-G2 for the intro.

"You also have a Lexicon MPX-G2. Do you use it live?
Not yet, but I used it to record “Flowing” on the new album. The beginning of that song is an effect preset from the MPX — a stereo panning, trippy guitar sound. We sat there until we got a take that sounded just right, because each time I’d play, the effect would react differently. It’s a complex little unit."

I'd say it's a step filter of some sort, there's one on the Zoom MS-50G that kinda does a similar thing.

Ivo

This reminds me a lot of the effect on 311 - Flowing. Tim Mahoney says he used a preset on a Lexicon MPX-G2 for the intro.

"You also have a Lexicon MPX-G2. Do you use it live?
Not yet, but I used it to record “Flowing” on the new album. The beginning of that song is an effect preset from the MPX — a stereo panning, trippy guitar sound. We sat there until we got a take that sounded just right, because each time I’d play, the effect would react differently. It’s a complex little unit."

I'd say it's a step filter of some sort, there's one on the Zoom MS-50G that kinda does a similar thing.

Wow, yeah the sound is actually is pretty similar! Nice catch. Currently having a look at the Copilot FX Gyroscope which seems like it will hit the spot:

As for general phasers, I have a 70s Small Stone on the way that I ordered thanks to @9520575.

Last edited:

DanSimon

Remember, its the small stone, not the small clone.. thats a chorus. But to me the sound is more like

a preset.. definitely involving phase/filtering and delay. Could be this Gyroscope pedal, or maybe a mobius,

who knows it could be an eventide eclipse or Fractal etc. I guess u could nail it with the right pedal combination.

Edit: if u want the 311 sound its either a step filter type, or a sample/hold effect, like the

Subdecay Proteus + Prometheus DLX. Not sure why its called sample hold, but its that one

space-asteroids sound.

SurfGreenTele

Wow, yeah the sound is actually is pretty similar! Nice catch. Currently having a look at the Copilot FX Gyroscope which seems like it will hit the spot:

As for general phasers, I have a 70s Small Stone on the way that I ordered thanks to @9520575.
Sweet!! I have to get a Small Stone again...haven't had one in years. The Gyroscope looks like a great time.

I found the 311 Lexicon preset just because I had to know - it's definitely the 'Technochords' setting at 2:54 in this demo:

Description from the manual:
229 TechnoChords
Play a chord and let it ring out. Random tones ring out into delay and reverb. A/B changes
the mix of the effect so that more of the original signal can be heard. Tap changes delay
time. The MPX R1 Toe Switch gives you pedal control of volume or of volume with a
sweep filter scale.

Ivo

Sweet!! I have to get a Small Stone again...haven't had one in years. The Gyroscope looks like a great time.

I found the 311 Lexicon preset just because I had to know - it's definitely the 'Technochords' setting at 2:54 in this demo:

Description from the manual:
229 TechnoChords
Play a chord and let it ring out. Random tones ring out into delay and reverb. A/B changes
the mix of the effect so that more of the original signal can be heard. Tap changes delay
time. The MPX R1 Toe Switch gives you pedal control of volume or of volume with a
sweep filter scale.
Hah, awesome that you found it! It's a cool sound for sure. And I find it oddly pleasing. D:

Trending Topics