What Firebird is this?

guitarbth

What Firebird is in this Liam Gallagher video? Great shot of it around the 10 second mark. It's a non reverse with full size humbuckers and no logo on the pickguard. Inspiring axe no doubt. And on a side note it's great to see Liam doing this stuff; very good.

What guitar is this? I can't find anything like this on the web!

Synex7254

Could be a Custom Shop model or just a regular Non-reverse Bird that he put humbuckers in and had a new pickguard made...hence no Firebird logo.

MKB

Silver Supporting Member
Is that a Line 6 combo on the Marshall cab behind the guy with the Firebird? Great video and song BTW.

As much as I dig my reverse Firebird reissue, I keep thinking how great it would sound with full size humbuckers. Almost enough to get a second 'bird just to put full size pups in it. The inherent brightness would really wake up a hotter pickup like a JB.

bossaddict

Silver Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
My guess is a '60s non-reverse Firebird I that has been fitted with humbuckers, converted to a stop tail, and refinished. The logo may have simply been worn off (happened to my '60s FB I).

Could be Custom Shop, but it looks like a narrow nut width to me.

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
Platinum Supporting Member
Early 2000's Custom Shop model, I have one in Phthalo Blue.

guitarbth

Is that a Line 6 combo on the Marshall cab behind the guy with the Firebird? Great video and song BTW.

As much as I dig my reverse Firebird reissue, I keep thinking how great it would sound with full size humbuckers. Almost enough to get a second 'bird just to put full size pups in it. The inherent brightness would really wake up a hotter pickup like a JB.
I believe that’s a Fender Bassbreaker on top of the Marshall cab.