What flanger do you have on your pedalboard?

Sandro

Hi, if you want to add any feedback is fine otherways just tell me what flanger is on your pedalboard.

Thank You
Sandro

Birddog

Ibanez CF-7 (Chorus or Flange, I run it on Flange).

Sound quality, and build quality is excellent, and it's not noisy.

My beef with it is that it increases volume. At bedroom levels, it's okay. At gig volumes, I have to remember to cut the volume of the guitar back a bit before engaging or suddenly is sounds like "a 747 has entered the building!" Can't make myself get rid of it though.

s2khawk

that old Ibanez 9 series purple one thats psychotic if you want or not, still my favorite one because it can do classic rock to sounds illegal on Jupiter...good stuff...

kiki_90291

Boss HF-2 - it only flanges the high frequencies, so the effect can be a bit more subtle (although you can definitely dial in some big sounds). I've got a Modfactor on the way, so we'll see if it gets replaced. Also have a flange setting on my Boss DD-20 that's more of a conventional sounding flange.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
that old Ibanez 9 series purple one thats psychotic if you want or not, still my favorite one because it can do classic rock to sounds illegal on Jupiter...good stuff...
The Ibanez 9 series flanger is YELLOW, not purple. The chorus is purple.

I use a MIJ Boss BF-2 on my board. It's the best COMPACT size pedal flanger of all time, especially with the trimpot adjustments on board.

s2khawk

The Ibanez 9 series flanger is YELLOW, not purple. The chorus is purple.

I use a MIJ Boss BF-2 on my board. It's the best COMPACT size pedal flanger of all time, especially with the trimpot adjustments on board.
Josh, you are correct sir, I've got the chorus, the flanger is an Ibanez Swell Flanger SF10 which explains why it can do the insane stuff, I love it, but I just don't use any pedals except wah/delay/aby unless im in the studio these days.

strat6866

Elecroharmonix Electric Mistress. I like the effect but it is a big pedal that takes up some space on the board and there is a slight volume drop when engaged.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Josh, you are correct sir, I've got the chorus, the flanger is an Ibanez Swell Flanger SF10 which explains why it can do the insane stuff, I love it, but I just don't use any pedals except wah/delay/aby unless im in the studio these days.
I've heard great things about the swell flanger, been meaning to try one. Any descriptions of what it can do that others can't?

s2khawk

I've heard the TZF is amazing. Josh, I'll pull out the Swell Flanger SF10 tonight and play thru all the sweeps/setting and see what I come up with then report. I remember expecting volume modulation but not getting it as much a flanger that also could do synth analog weirdness, perfect for those radiohead/floyd covers. I'll revisit this forgotten beast and report back.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
Ibanez FL99 Classic Flange

I've owned the MXR Flanger (classic 4-knob), Boss HF-2 (yes, that is a fun one), Ibanez FL-301DX (subtle, but effective), Maxon FL-301 (a little noisy).
The FL99 beats them all. True bypass, 'intense' switch, 'filter' mode, and four controls. Will do subtle (almost chorus) to some nice jet-plane sounds.

Dandy13

Not on board but I keep my trusty boss bf2 around when i need a flanger. I also like the flange sound on my pds 20/20 now and then for something different

brianf

I have both a Choralflange and a Maxon FL9. The Maxon is vastly superior. I am also interested in the new Toadworks flanger.

brianf

Trending Topics