• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What gear have you sold because the User Interface drove you nuts?

Elantric

What gear have you sold because the User Interface drove you nuts?

For developers, review the Project BBQ A/V gear think tank Reports - many reveal the importance of providing a user experience maintaining a high element of "Flow" on Music gear User Interface experience
Project BBQ reports

Project BBQ: User Interface Design Issues for Audio Creation Tools

1638902956376.jpeg

220px-Laserblast_stop_motion_aliens.jpg

Last edited:

sleewell2

Sounds stellar. And it's a tired answer. But it's a tired answer for a reason.

agree. sounded amazing. i probably should have kept it just for this one 5150 patch i downloaded but it was never going to be something i could use live without a computer so i sold it.

i'll complete the big 3 trifecta at some point and grab another fractal product. the effects are just as amazing as the amps.

JasonE

I didn't actually sell it. I just stopped using it, Axe FX Ultra. I was really not a fan of how the UI works on that device. It is way too many steps to make a small change from the face of the unit. I tried to gig with it and it was impossible for me. I had to have my laptop connected to it all the time so I could make small tweaks for the venu I was at. I am now thinking about selling it along with a ton of other things. I am at that point where I just have too many things like that in which I have just stopped using.

Watt McCo

What gear have you sold because the User Interface was too many layers of menu diving?
I don't think any.

I'll get hate on this, but I find Helix to require the most "menu diving" of the modern devices. Every time you add a block you have to go through "kind of block"; "stereo or mono"; "what actual block" before you even get to having a block to work with. pick-list-diving is just menu-diving by a different name.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I don't think any.

I'll get hate on this, but I find Helix to require the most "menu diving" of the modern devices. Every time you add a block you have to go through "kind of block"; "stereo or mono"; "what actual block" before you even get to having a block to work with. pick-list-diving is just menu-diving by a different name.
JOYSTICK

luckymethod

What gear have you sold because the User Interface was too many layers of menu diving?

HX Stomp and I would have sold the SY-300 if there was anything out there that sounded similarly with a better UI. If the Axe 3 didn't have the computer editor I would probably sell that one too. Honorable mention to Meris Enzo (screw that pedal), it came and went in exactly 3 days.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom