• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What guitar gear you were playing in a year 2000

effectfreak

Just for fun! In a year 2000, what guitar gear you were playing?

Was it Ibanez 7-string, Line 6 modellers and a POD? Was you pedalboard filled with Ibanez tone-loks? What you had back then?

ToneDeVille

Silver Supporting Member
In 2000 I had only five guitars:

1980 Taylor 810
1985 Schecter PT Tele (black)
1986 PRS Custom 24 Gold top
1986 PRS Custom 24 Tobacco Sunburst
1995 Gibson ES175 (Blonde)

I had one amp...a Lab Series L7. My son has it now.

I had sold a '77 ES335 and a '75 Strat in '86 to get the two PRS guitars. And I still have those five.

Last edited:
I had a MIJ Fender Telecaster (still do) and a 1970s SFPR with a Weber Blue Pup speaker. I've bought and sold stuff since then but I am not sure I actually improved on that setup. My acoustic was a Larrivee L-09.

27sauce

This was ‘02, but pretty much the same.
70’s tele custom ri
Mij tele with a ‘68 neck
Fernandes LP custom
‘59 junior(still have
Epi LP custom(still have)
Harmony stratotone
LTD M-2
‘68 Bassman.
Old big muff, rat, boss dd3, old ts9.
not a whole lot has changed.

Last edited:

Daytona57

1989 Squier MIK Strat S s/n, and Peavey Bandit 65, which I picked up as a package from a retiring gigging musician.

When my son was 11 yrs, he started to play Hendrix very well and I gifted it to my son. He still jams and plays in a band with me and the Squier and Bandit 65, which is strong in a band mix, with a Fender HRD, Fender PA 100 and 2x12, for an old solid state amp.

There is something special about this guitar. The neck is extremely comfortable to play. If the pickups are stock, they are very articulate. I have never seen another Squier S s/n, as they are rare.

Samick made them for Fender for only one year according to the Fender forums, which sadly, are now closed.

I had a MIJ Boss HM-2, which I never really used, as the Bandit 65 could be adjusted for distortion.

YMMV

Edit: update content.

Last edited:

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
Steinberger GL3T
Rat 2
Yamaha delay pedal
Lander 50 watt amp

I also had an early 80s Kramer Pacer

Microdot

Les Paul Custom w/Floyd Rose
PRS SE 24 w/Moon dot inlays
Line 6 Flextone <- I see they can be had for under $150
POG
My amp modeling days didn't last long, but it was the year 2000 and I had to check out this new technology.

NorCal_Val

By 2000, I’d moved on from a rack system, and was running a WDW set up, with 1 of 3 amps providing the Dry, and the rack effects/power amp providing the Wet. There were a few pedals in the rack as well.
I was primarily playing an Ibanez Universe.

pepedede

I had a MIJ Fender Telecaster (still do) and a 1970s SFPR with a Weber Blue Pup speaker. I've bought and sold stuff since then but I am not sure I actually improved on that setup. My acoustic was a Larrivee L-09.
Very similar for me, I had a 78' fender pro reverb with the blues, weighed a freaking ton, very clean and cost $500. Played a 74' fender hardtail strat and a 78' gibson the paul, walnut. 78' big muff, eh microsynth, small stone, electric mistress.

70's gear was pretty cheap and readily available in the 90's.

Glitch Magnet

Tobias Toby Pro 5 into an SWR Studio 220 and 4x10 cab.

Wasn't actively playing guitar, but had a US Masters S-type and Seymour Duncan Convertible.

Vanilla Latte

Main gigging gear was an ESP Eclipse and a Peavey XXX.
My board was sparse. Sennheiser wireless, DD3 delay, Bad Horsie Wah, and Carl Martin Hydra Boost.

Trending Topics