What "guitar hangers" do you use in your music room

Cropduster

you know, the ones that hold your guitar by the headstock allowing easy access when you just feel like a quick jam in the man cave.
The last ones I had sucked.

DYNA BILL

I just use FretRest from GC.
13240524_10206340224131092_7439662101391082098_n.jpg

Last edited:

Travst

I used adjustable hooks on slat wall. The right angle hooks like guitar stores use.

great-case.com

a.k.a. "Mitch"
Showing off your collection? That can get you downgraded in most subForums, but I have most of mine on a wall. I like being able to grab my guitFiddles quickly. Factory cases are for transportation IMHO, YVMV, Yadda Yadda.

:facepalm The 'wall system' system I selected is one I saw in some obscure little music museum in Ohio. It's on the Tan Pants side, however. Most folks sniff it as they pass.
I literally can't recommend it :nono , I don't have any photos, :spit and :noevil I was never here.

AssHattery Aside, I have given this topic some thought and can offer this advice: String Swing's rubber doesn't bother Nitro. If you're hyper conservative, cloth cover the rubber.

By the way: Toggle mollies are sufficient*. No need for slats or horizontal boards.
Warning: Pad the wall behind your acoustic backs. They will rub the wall.

OP: How can a wall yoke suck? Was it the unnecessary Earthquake Lock? I hate those style yokes... but do tell. What sucked?

* unless you have Drywall by @AZChilicat. If you have the later affliction, you shouldn't even trust the studs. He might have been anxious on hang day. He has been known to eat crooked studs (like that happens?) rather than sully his sheet rock.

Last edited:

Release

I used to have a custom built 6-guitar wall rack with a pegboard-style hangers that was solid as a rock. After a while it started to warp (that I never noticed, obviously) and the tonge & groove mounting system came crashing down. I never want to hear that noise ever again!! 5 guitars dinged and dented.....and this casualty.

Word of advice... check your hangers every few months!
sq2WKWZ.jpg

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
I got a string swing in the mid 80's from the NAMM show. I am a Realtor and I see ergonomics as they work in our lives. I looked at it as , the wives of America might not get to excited seeing a flock of guitars on the wall. So any little thing that could help blend in the slightest could go a long way. The wood ones? Maybe for your cabin or basement. But the metal backed ones in white are the happy medium. I imagine they make the Off the wall in white. I have 4 in the living room and 4 in other rooms. If one of the spots in the living room are guitar less, the Wife asks where they are, she likes continuity.
https://www.stringswing.com/product/cc11w-metal-home-studio-guitar-hanger-wide-body

Last edited:

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
I also like having them at a height where I reach forward and grab the guitar by the neck. No bending, back jerking, or stretching up.THere is a bit of variance here for anyone, say 8 inches up or down. They look good staggered a bit and some guitars work better in some spots than others, at least aesthetically.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom