What Guitar is Gene Cornish Playing in this clip?

Fatherflot

Never saw one in black before that clip. So cool looking!

And the Rascals are awesome. I'm binge-listening the 6 disc "All I Really Need" compilation right now.

Fatherflot

^Dino looks like Paul McCartney and Eddie looks one of the Davies brothers in that mod suit. Too cool.

bob-i

I once read that he was given that guitar by another artist who I can't remember. I saw them play in the 60s when he was playing that guitar. Also note, Cavaliere was playing the organ pedals as they had no bass player.

HeyMrTeleMan

Colonel of Truth
I saw them at Pittsburgh's vaunted and now torn down Civic Arena (had a really cool dome with a roof that opened!) and they were amazing.

The big hit for me was Dino Danelli, who was such a badass I could not believe it. He was drumming with the utmost precision (duh) and twirling his drumsticks with that same precision. He'd toss them in the air and come down hard on the drum with out missing a beat. Amazing. The OP video shows that.

Just a total pro whom I use to judge all other drummers ever since...

HMTM

Mighty Melvin

The camera man cuts away for the most important part. The SOLO!
They always do that, the idiots.
One of the best guitar solos ever was Gene Cornish in the record Peppermint Twist (Joey Dee and the Starlighters). Except I've heard that that wasn't Gene after all....

Trending Topics