What guitar is this?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ChauncyPepper, Jan 9, 2008.

1. ChauncyPepper

ChauncyPepper Member

2. phantasm

phantasm Member

You're in Pittsburgh, right?
    My guess would be a Univox, Cort or something along those lines. Nothin' fancy, but it's a pretty good deal for $75.

3. ChauncyPepper

ChauncyPepper Member

Yeah. I wasn't sure if it was one of those "another man's junk, another man's treasure" type deals..

4. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Member

Looks to be an "effector" guitar with built in effects from the late '70s-early '80s. Its unclear who made these, but they are often said to have been sold under the Kay name.

5. jtees4

jtees4 Member

Sure looks like an old Yamaha I remember seeing in the 70's....but if it were a Yamaha I'm sure it would say it on the headstock. Maybe another Japanese company copying Yamaha.

6. shadowbox

shadowbox Supporting Member

I actually own one of these. I bought it on eBay. A month or so ago I saw another one for sale and the seller claimed it was a Hondo, although he was uncertain himself. Be sure and ask the seller if the on-board effects work properly (you probably already have, but just in case...); the one I bought wasn't really worth the $80 I ended up paying for it.