What guitar was produced in the highest number?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by doc, Feb 14, 2020.

1. doc

doc Member

I'm not talking a "type" of guitar, I'm asking about a specific single model. For example, lots of Strats and copies out there, I'd I'd probably predict there are more Strat type guitars out there than any other type. Lets assume that the actual answer is a specific type of Strat. Lots of Squiers were made. Maybe the answer is the Squier Standard Strat. I'm going to ask a similar question in the Amps section.

2. twotone

twotone Member

Either Strats with single coil pickups or Les Pauls with two double coil pickups (including copies).

3. doc

doc Member

Thanks, but not specific enough. Please re-read the OP.

4. Howzaboppin

Howzaboppin Member

My gut feeling is, it's some student acoustic, like the Esteban.

5. wirsteve

wirsteve Member

Fender USA Strat.

They’ve been making it since 1954. S-Style guitars are arguably the most popular because the Strat was/is.

6. doc

doc Member

Of course they've made the USA Strat for a long time, but I suspect with CNC and inexpensive overseas labor production ramped up quite a bit over the past 30 years, probably dwarfing the earlier production numbers. Hard to say at what point the increased production overtakes the long head start for the USA made ones, but I'm guessing we passed it a while back. I think the correct answer will probably be a Strat model made overseas but starting shortly after CNC production became commonplace.