What guitars do you love so much that you bought a second one?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dachshund, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Ros

Ros Silver Supporting Member

My secret weapons are the Douglas Spad.. little known, cheap and for some reason the neck shape, balance and shape just fit me perfectly. Bought two and set them up identically for gigs and then a third with passive pickups.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Silver Supporting Member

I've done it three times. Always to have a backup/practice version to save fret wear and take whatever damage may come its way from living on a guitar stand within reach of my couch.

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS QMT; locking tuners, LSR Roller Nut, ebony fretboard, and 10 position S-1 pickup selector system with parallel/series/out of phase options.

In this instance, the backup (tobacco burst) ended up looking better than the original (amber).

This is my desert island guitar.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Gibson Les Paul Junior Special Plus (no photo of backup). I really like this guitar (great tones through any amp from Jazz to Rock) and its backup is currently my main practice guitar.

[​IMG]

...and my main gigging guitar, a sunburst 2001 Gibson ES 335 Memphis Dot Reissue backed up by a natural finish ES 333. Now that it's 15 years old it has some wonderful mellow Jazz tones and really sings when pushing a Zendrive or BB Preamp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just realized that there's one more but the second one was not a backup, it evolved out of a casual conversation with Pat Baker in the Dean Custom Shop.

'81 USA Dean Z, all original.

[​IMG]

2006 Dean USA Custom Shop Korina Z (sunlight through blinds reflected on the right side of the guitar). Locking Grovers, graphite nut, ebony fretboard, Fralin humbuckers, push/push coil tap on the neck pickup, Tone Pros bridge, nitro finish. I had a chance to pick up a matching V at a great price so I had to go for it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  3. tildeslash

tildeslash Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Does this count?

Marcuss likes this.
  4. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Yeah, that counts!

5. James

James Member

Valley Arts Larry Carlton Signature model. I accidentally bought three...:facepalm But it was over a ~10-year span of time, so...:banana

[​IMG]

e??? and Elantric like this.
  6. MattC

MattC Member

I have two les Pauls and given how much I love my new McCarty MC-58, a second McCarty might be in my future. I'm going less is more these days, just sold off some pretty nice guitars to keep it to the guitars I really love and reach for all the time.

7. Guitarworks

Guitarworks Member

LOL...you, friend, are living dangerously. I'd like to try that same approach with a car. Just conceal it somewhere on the property for several months, hoping the expenditure goes unnoticed in the checkbook, then one day covertly bring it out of hiding to move into position. Then say, "Oh this? I've had this forever."

8. monty

monty Member

Bought a boatload of Strats and Teles lol.

songtalk likes this.
  9. paranoid70

paranoid70 Member

I have a Music Man Silhouette Special and a 20th Anniversary Silhouette. Both are 2006 models. Very nice guitars, especially the 20th

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. muzishun

muzishun Member

'86 Ibanez roadstar RG440. The necks are perfect for me. And unfinished, just lightly oiled... so smooth. '86 because of the locking nut, and prior to body style change. I need another one!

11. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Member

12. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Member

A boatload of Cunetto strats (and one 'nocaster)
    [​IMG]

Two R8's
    [​IMG]

A pair of Historic Customs - not the same but sorta the same
    [​IMG]

A pair of Historic Goldtops
    [​IMG]

These are all Les Paul's but they certainly aren't the same, save for the two R8's
    [​IMG]

13. G Man

G Man Member

I bought the HB one used and fell in love with the 1 3/4" nut, light weight, upper fret access and overall comfort, so eventually contacted Ryan and had him make me a second one only with P90s and different woods.

[​IMG]

TwoToneGreen and Mike Duncan like this.
  14. sonoragazzo

sonoragazzo Member

None, never had one guitar that I liked so much that I desire to have double

I rather to have as many as possible (as a good guitar junky :drool ) but different brands and styles.

15. Jett

Jett Silver Supporting Member

Bought this K-Line:
    [​IMG]

And have ordered this one:

[​IMG]

16. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

I actually bought 3 but ended up returning one because I decided I didn't like that copper as much in real life as in a picture.

[​IMG]

The one on the left is an Artisan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. NamaEnsou

NamaEnsou Supporting Member

I liked my Ibanez JEM so much that I bought a couple more of the RG-series. (JEM = fancy RG).

18. AtlMusicMan86

AtlMusicMan86 Silver Supporting Member

19. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

Orville Melody Maker. It was white and I lost on it. Recently I bought on that is black but needed the neck repaired. It's up and rocking. Skinny neck, single humbucker, totally gnarly like a LP Junior.

20. Radspin

Radspin Member

Two Grosh ElectraJet Standards. I bought one with an S-S-S configuration and loved it so much I bought another with two G-90 pickups (Grosh's version of a P-90). Sold some other guitars to finance them. The Groshs are my favorite guitars by far. Need to shoot a picture and post it.