• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What HAPPENED to Brad Paisley?

spakuloid

Can't stand country music. Love Brad P. I'm not alone. He's a huge crossover act that gets respect and admiration from people who would otherwise ignore the entire genre. That is what a star can do.

Just picked up Play after reading some of these posts. I must say that kicks some serious ass. It's probably going to stay in my deck for a few weeks. I'm not really a Country guy, but good is good.

pedalcr8z

Can't stand country music. Love Brad P. I'm not alone. He's a huge crossover act that gets respect and admiration from people who would otherwise ignore the entire genre. That is what a star can do.

THIS...you sir hit the nail on the head for me:agree if I'm scanning the radio I will skip over country UNLESS Mr. Paisley is playing!

pjrhd28

Platinum Supporting Member
Brad Paisley has been able to combine strong guitar virtuosity with amazing popularity, and the truth is there is a very short list of musicians who have been able to accomplish that.

I love his range (Whiskey Lulluaby to Online), his humor (I'm Gonna Miss Her), the videos (Celebrity), and especially his fills on upbeat songs like American Saturday Night.

As many before have mentioned, he has morphed into an entertainer. But unlike many, he is an entertainer who also happens to be a killer guitar player and a bit of a gear hound. And it appears he's a pretty decent guy to boot.

Top, top, top shelf as far as I'm concerned.

lumco

Most of the roads I travel are muddy
Platinum Supporting Member
BP is one class dude and a helluva Tele player.. Has some killer amps, too.

Brad Paisley has been able to combine strong guitar virtuosity with amazing popularity, and the truth is there is a very short list of musicians who have been able to accomplish that.

I love his range (Whiskey Lulluaby to Online), his humor (I'm Gonna Miss Her), the videos (Celebrity), and especially his fills on upbeat songs like American Saturday Night.

As many before have mentioned, he has morphed into an entertainer. But unlike many, he is an entertainer who also happens to be a killer guitar player and a bit of a gear hound. And it appears he's a pretty decent guy to boot.

Agreed.

Agreed on all counts. Brad is one of the good guys. Top skill, infectious hooks, lots of humor, totally down-to-earth...sounds good to me! :D

MKB

Silver Supporting Member
Paisley is awesome, he gets huge points just for using a fan's GoPro as a slide. He makes music that fits a formula, and sells albums to his many fans; nothing wrong with that. We should be thrilled he can actually play the guitar and is shoving it in people's faces. Those of us that play should welcome this.

However, most acts of any genre only have a few awesome albums in them (if that many). The rest of their albums are treading water to a point.

His instrumental Play album is insanely sick... "Departure", "Kim" and "Les Is More" are absolutely stellar songs. They are perfect compositions with top of the line playing.

larimar

I thought this guy was here to save country music, and now he seems to embrace the new formula of cliche, hook, and repeat. I thought he came out so strong with his first few records, but he sounds like ever other awful country act these days. I can't argue with his success, but I am so disappointed with his recent output. Hopefully this is just a mid-career funk.

Prol' same thing that happened to the guy who was suppose to "save the Blues"...

therhodeo

I used to defend him as a throw back to Roger Miller and Jerry Reed type fun country songs. I've stopped defending him as his schtick has worn pretty thin.

ReddRanger

I've liked Brad since his first album and still do. My only gripe is his involvement with that "Rising Star" TV show, which I think is just lousy. He should get the heck outta there.

BlackT-Shirt

From Wikipedia.org: Paisley...was awarded a fully paid ASCAP scholarship to Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, where he majored in music business and received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Mike Curb School of Music Business in 1995.[7]

"Business."

doublee

I would never count him out, he is very savvy and has any chops in spades in whatever direction he may want to go depending on the winds...

FULL DIScLOSURE: I dont have any of his records.

I think someday he will amaze everyone but at present he is a pop guy collecting the money.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom