What happened to Hartman Pedals?

TheoDog

Supporting Member
Not a good sign.
A Hartman BC108 was my first boutique pedal purchase. I was amazed at the build quality. There is nothing he builds that isn't fantastic and dialed in for real world use.. On par with Barber.
I hope the best... Maybe he is on vacation or revamping his branding.
Or maybe he just accidentally let the domain payment lapse.

RGB

I was in contact with him a few months ago regarding a new chip for my Flanger, (which I didn't end up needing anyway), but then he stopped answering my emails and I just forgot about it.

jnepo1

Silver Supporting Member
I have sent emails and called. Since Friday there's been nothing. I hope he is okay. N
If it's only been since Friday, I would give it a little more time. This time of year, vacations can be had, we don't know the circumstances.

MilwMark

Sometimes folks forget to renew their website and it takes a few days to get it and email running again.

stratabastard

This is so sad....I was going to get an 8VA but now I'm not sure, if there's no warranty...still would be a cool item to have around!

Skreddy

Bummer thing is if you let your domain expire, it gets picked up by a vulture who will extort tons of money if you want to buy it back. This happened to my happybob.com site. Really domain registrars should have some policy in place to give owners a bit of a grace period and 1st priority to re-up, not sell to scumbag domain campers.

I have to assume this is what happened to Hartman(?)...

scolfax

Maybe he just wants to sell his stuff though Amazon and doesn't want to maintain a website anymore.

critter74

Supporting Member
Bummer thing is if you let your domain expire, it gets picked up by a vulture who will extort tons of money if you want to buy it back. This happened to my happybob.com site. Really domain registrars should have some policy in place to give owners a bit of a grace period and 1st priority to re-up, not sell to scumbag domain campers.

I have to assume this is what happened to Hartman(?)...
There is policy in place now to avoid that. I believe you have either 7 or 30 (can't remember) days to buy it back if it lapses. I think 30. They have to hold the name for that period of time before it becomes available again. I only know this as this happened to one of the departments at work (a government entity no less).

TheoDog

Supporting Member
Maybe he just wants to sell his stuff though Amazon and doesn't want to maintain a website anymore.
His last Instagram post was 4 months ago. All the items for sale are from retailers, no web presence at all from him directly. Can't seem to locate him in FB either.

TheoDog

Supporting Member
Ok. Thanks. I tried Friending that account just to see, no reply, and I wasn't sure if it is the same Theo Hartman and the profile does not reference Hartman effects at all.

If the it is him, looks like a long vacation, which would be a good thing.

Trending Topics