1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

What happened to the About those converters thread?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by justicetones, Sep 23, 2006.

1. justicetones

justicetones Member

What happened to the About those converters thread?

Did someone step over the line so the mods had to lock it? Bummer I think there was some good convo going on. Maybe it got out of hand since last night. :confused: :confused:

I think we all need to remember to be careful how we say things. It is WAY to easy to read something and take the spirit or meaning in the wrong way. :( :(

BTW I think the mods have a tough job of trying to keep all of us adults in line. Shouldn't we be mature enough to use our common sense and think. just my .02¢

Chris

2. Unburst

Unburst Member

Seems to sum up the forum these days, way too many people ready to pick a fight.

3. elambo

elambo Member

That thread had was really mild. I sure hope that's not the threshold that the mods have set as "too much". That would be way too much censorship. Maybe there's another explanation...?

4. justicetones

justicetones Member

ya I agree. I didn't see anything that was rude or offensive. But who knows what I did not see. The mods are usually more than fair. I am so curious what happened to it.

Maybe the original thread author deleted it? :confused:

5. elambo

elambo Member

That's what I thought, too. Another odd thing is that I've had to type this response twice. The first was there, then disappeared.

6. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

I killed it myself.

I did NOT intend the post to be an argument about "which part of an A/D converter is most important?" Nor did I intend to start a discussion on the merits/demerits of particular brands and models of gear.

The purpose of my post was to get a conversation going about a digital clocks' effect on digital conversions, and how people might improve their audio by simply upgrading their clocks (or by looking into the clocking issue before they buy).

I probably didn't express myself effectively enough.

I got tired of addressing issues I didn't intend to raise and statements that people misinterpreted.

I generally pull my threads if they get annoyingly off-topic.

7. justicetones

justicetones Member

Wow I didn't think it was turning into an argument at all. At least not from me or some of the other posts but I did not read them all and can't now that it was deleted. Bummer!! Sorry Les for the topic going off from your intended dicussion. :jo

There really isn't a ton to discuss though about the clocks effect on conversion unless you get into the technical specs of jitter, effect of the power supply on the clock and all of the other components. I think most of us know that clock has a huge effect on the conversion. Good or bad. So many other factors affect a clocks abilty to reproduce the quality of sound during the conversion. I suspect that is why so many of us went off subject somewhat.

Thanks Les for the post though. Your posts always have good info. I think that those topics are always interesting, informative, and thought provoking. :AOK

8. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

Thanks, Justice - perhaps I overreacted.

Anyway, glad ya like the posts. ;)

9. trisonic

trisonic Member

Les, that's OK it was you pero --- prero --- right to do that.
    I get fed up with threads taking a wrong turn even when they are civil.

Best, Pete.

10. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

Wow - I come back after two days and it's obliterated...

I understand, having done that myself – more than once.

May this be a sweeter year for the forum. ;)