• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What iconic guitar just doesn't do it for you?

Jonny D

For me personally, it is Rickenbacker. I love the way they look, but every time I have played one I just despise it. They just feel wrong in my hands.

Every one I have ever tried.

parts

Yes..I guess Rickenbacker, Except for Bass. I love the look but the feel and sound just doesn't mesh with me...

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Firebirds.
I like them almost enough to put up with the ergonomics but why bother when other things fit so much better?
And Steinbergers. A 2 inch string spread at the bridge + a narrow nut, too? Why did you do it like that?

V-man

Yes..I guess Rickenbacker, Except for Bass. I love the look but the feel and sound just doesn't mesh with me...
YES! - Except I LOVE the look of the "mean/ugly" 4001/3 Basses and HATE the look of their guitars, which look like a fretted flounder to me.

Firebirds.
I like them almost enough to put up with the ergonomics but why bother when other things fit so much better?
And Steinbergers. A 2 inch string spread at the bridge + a narrow nut, too? Why did you do it like that?
YES! The LP is along the same lines for me. The cost and ergos put me off too much today.

HOWEVER, my personal off-putter the Telecaster. I respect their versatility, but I find them very ugly guitars, and their versatility does little for me as I am a strict hard rock/metal fan who can do without the variety.

sleepingtiger

Strats. They just bore me. They are so common they're almost generic. I've owned a few, & nice ones, but they never get used, so I've given up on them. I only like the bridge/middle tone & even then seldom. I'll leave them to those who love them.

Tony

DC1

All of 'em it seems. I need a 1.75" at the nut neck, and the only way to get one is custom. I can't go in and by any factory guitar off the rack.

:waiting

dc

Trending Topics

Top Bottom