What Interface do you use for your work?

jtbleeker

Hey all, in the process of self producing an album and working toward building a home studio rig to get the pre-pro stuff done myself. So I was wondering (and thought it'd be fun) to hear the kinds of converters you guys are using and the type of work you do (hobby/home studio/tracking/mixing/mastering/etc.)

Sooooooo fire away!

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
Behringer XR-18. It has way more inputs than I need at the moment but I had it from my days with my last band and it gets the job done (home recording / tracking / mixing).

MrAstro

I use a cheap Roland Tri-Capture. It's small and does the the job.

Their newer Quad and Octa Captures look pretty good to me too.

loudboy

Digital Audio Labs CardD, at the studio, but I'm going to be swapping it out soon, as driver support isn't good.

For my mobile rig I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, but I SP/DIF in a Mytek ADC192 A/D converter. i have a Great River MP-2MH pre going into the Mytek, and a Sytek MP-4AII going into the 4 line inputs of the Scarlett. I only use the 4 pres on the Scarlett for scratch tracks generally, but they sound OK.

maydaynyc

Gold Supporting Member
RME Babyface Pro for demos recorded at home and mixing. Tascam DM4800 with various outboard 500 series pres, eqs and compressors in my studio for live full band tracking.

mixsit

RME- 2 ADI-8's and Raydat. I guess the converters are ..old' now, but are serving me well.

Able Grip

Awaiting a Tascam UH 7000. After researching this one came out on top as the highest quality at the lowest cost. It has 2 mic pre's. Not feature rich but best sound for the least $$$.

Last edited:

DanR

I just purchased a Steinberg UR242 interface as it has 4 inputs and only 2 preamps which allow me to use preamps and compressors that I already have. So far, it works well.

Maltese Fan

M-Audio Firewire 1814. A bit long in tooth but it works well. It has 8 line inputs I use with external pre's and ADAT as well.

Devnor

I use a Fireface 800 with a Focusrite Octopre which adds 8 more analog inputs via ADAT. Been a great system.

RustyAxe

Focusrite 6i6 for demos and such, mostly singer/songwriter stuff and acoustic Americana. But ... I recently recorded an acoustic duo on a Tascam DP24, and did post-tracking production in a DAW.

electricity17

Silver Supporting Member
Apogee Symphony 8x8, using it for recording my band. I've got some Daking preamps and a few hardware compressors, as well as some good mics. I think we're getting some good sounds out of it.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I use a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre. I do a lot of my own stuff, record some of our rehearsals and I get a bit of commercial contract work at least a couple of times per year. Having a fun time making music!

chlorinemist

Metric Halo LIO-8/4P +DSP. It's a masterpiece... Antelope Audio has some appealing looking stuff but Metric Halo have been so good to me i have a hard time imagining ever parting ways

stratocat63

Silver Supporting Member
I have a couple of Metric Halo 2882+DSP boxes and a legacy ULN-2. Long time user. They get mostly live recording and sound duty, I don't really have a good sounding space to track in these days.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom