What is a cover song you never want to hear ever again ?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
:confused:

As much as I like and appreciate Skynyrd, I think Gimme Three Steps has run it's course. I don't know if it's because of too much airplay, or too many bands cover it, but I'm just not wanting to hear that song anymore. :tapedshut

Hackubus

Got a list as long as my leg, but my #1, there's a special place in hell reserved for it song is Copperhead Road.

shredtrash

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Brown Eyed Girl
Mustang Sally
Tush
You Really Got Me
Sweet Home Alabama
Some Kind of Wonderful
Smoke On The Water

Should I keep going?

xjojox

Tardis-dwelling wanker
I think certain tunes get played to death for a few years but are driven into the ground quickly (Takin' Care of Business...).

Others just don't go away, they haunt constantly. Makes ya wanna steal Sally's mustang and do some donuts in the green grass behind the stadium, and afterwards drown your sorrows in that house in New Orleans.

xjojox

Tardis-dwelling wanker
I was presuming the OP was talking about songs played to death by cover bands...this is TGP after all.

Ed Zachary

Knockin' On Heaven's Door, G'nR's butcher job on it or covers of their version. Talk about destroying a good song.

sondich

There are a ton of overplayed covers but "House of the Rising Sun" really bothers me more than most. It has less to do with the number of times I've heard it than the quality of those renditions. HOTRS is a song that lots of beginning players learn and that seems to translate into a lot of crappy performances, IMO.

V-Type

Figured You Out - My goodness every band(including mine) plays this.
Probably the most requested by drinking and dancing women as well.

scottywompas

Brown Eyed Girl
Mustang Sally
Tush
You Really Got Me
Sweet Home Alabama
Some Kind of Wonderful
Smoke On The Water

Should I keep going?
Damn that's half of our first set :)

I agree with most of these although Tush and Really got me don't hurt me too much.

Scott

gmann

Wonderful Tonight or Pride & Joy. Great songs done to death. I must admit I've contributed to this.