What is best guitar cable to avoid

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cisspcism, Jul 24, 2008.

1. cisspcism

cisspcism Member

RF noise, my amps are pretty dead quiet when volume knob on guitar is down but when trune dup I get rf noise and hum which can be reduced depending on the angle I am standing and distance from my amp so I know the cable is adding noise.

Is there a cbale that reduces this noise without cutting the overall tone of the amp. I used noise gates but they kinda suck the tone a bit from the amps I am using, reeves custom 6 and Dr Z z28

2. studiodunn

studiodunn Member

love the lava cables.

3. xrist04

xrist04 Member

If the hum varies as you change the angle you're standing, then you might also check into the guitar's shielding in the pickup and control cavities.

4. Giga

Giga Member

I'm having good results with GeorgeL's lately. In my experience most high-end cables sound good as long as the guitar is on 10. It's with the lower guitarvolumes that the differences become more obvious.

Giga.

5. KBN

KBN Member

The issue is with your guitar, not your cables.

6. barryoneal

barryoneal Member

+1 in principle, combine environmental sources, guitar pickups, and least of all any quality shielded cable and you can have hum issues in an otherwise quiet amp.

-barry.

7. studiodunn

studiodunn Member

that's not 100%.

I have a couple amps that are very cable sensitive. Dead quite with one cable and noisy as hell with others. Same guitar, same stance, same settings, different results.

8. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

Hahaha, nice twist on the old question :D

9. cisspcism

cisspcism Member

Well its pretty much all of my guitars, my Carvins and one fender american tele. What can I do to decrease the noise?

10. cisspcism

cisspcism Member

Well I am not talking about the 60 cycle hum of single coils, this is humbucker guitars I am talking about. I just though that when I moved around or moved the cable around the sound would get quieter so I assumed maybe some kinda top notch insultaed cable could work to get rid of any noise.