What is hands down the best tone decision you’ve made in your life?

The best tone decision I’ve made in my life, hands down, has to be going halves on a rental space with my frontman. 24/7/365 access to be as loud as I ****ing want. 3am? Can’t sleep? Roll down to the spot and crank that ****! Plus it’s under heavy surveillance so no worrying about crooked ****ers trying to rip me off, comes in real handy when trying to make a sale too.

Lmao ahh, what a godsend... how about you?

Emigre

I have been in the process of discovering cleaner sounds in the past 6 months, and realising that it sounds much better than gained up.

But the best tone decision would have to be my 68 CPR.

*Edit: joint winner with my Martin 00-18.

middlechainringguy

PV = nRT
Gold Supporting Member
The two gear-related decisions that have most improved my tone (from an admittedly low baseline):

Buying my first "quality" guitar -- it was a used Skermetta tele. Felt so much better and most of all didn't have to be re-tuned several times during each practice session! It also sounded great (Muy Grande pickups!) but mostly it made practicing much more inspiring and fun and easier, and that led me to practice more, and that improved my tone a lot.

Getting over myself and using attenuators with tube amps most of the time. As above: makes practice so much more inspiring. Also lets me have useful interaction with the guitar controls at reasonable volumes.

I have been in the process of discovering cleaner sounds in the past 6 months, and realising that it sounds much better than gained up.

But the best tone decision would have to be my 68 CPR.

*Edit: joint winner with my Martin 00-18.
Nice, I always enjoy a good Princeton. My larrivée 00-40MH was also one of my best tone decisions as well.

Trending Topics