• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What is it about Rush's "Losing It"?

Ransom

Plus the electric violin doesn't exactly raise the spirits within the song! But it's a great tune regardless. Lyrically it's one of Neil's best.

Beagle1

Not exactly a happy tune, but it has always been one of my favorites by Rush! The electric violin in the song is really beautiful.

paranoid70

Because let's face it, as we age, we will gradually lose our ability to do the things we love. This is especially true for people that perform at such a high level.

Ingvay

Yes, it is a great tune.

Unfortunately, Rush and other bands of the sort seem to have been pigeonholed in the public eye, and are currently out of style. I think would even agree with this realization as evidenced by their appearance in the movie "I love you man". The reason I bring this up is that I think some of the lesser known Rush songs like "Losing it" would be great cover tunes. Couldn't you just hear Norah Jones or Diana Krall doing a great, jazzy version of the song?

Not that I have anything against Geddy Lee's vocals. I know there are those who can't get into Rush because of Geddy's voice - but I like it!

muffinman

I find Losing It to be a truly terrific tune, a real hidden gem. I've always loved all of Signals, but the one that I find just as haunting as Losing It, if not more so now, is Countdown. Not just for Columbia, but the shuttle program in general... that fadeout really gets me every time.

AXEnGEAR4J

It's that time ....
... very unfortunate, for them
... and for us that are just about there or there!
... The era ... is fading now quickly
:( :( :/ .... Time is taking over

blueworm

I love 'Signals' and I love 'Losing It'.
Great tune. It has poignant lyrics for sure and the instrumental break is terrific. Only things that bothers me is how the song fades away much too quickly.

Could be interesting to have it covered for sure. I'm thinking Bjork could do something great with that tune.

Misterbulbous

I love Signals, but sometimes feel the popularity of New World Man was the downfall of the band. Was it a springboard for them to move in their synth/keyboard style? I'm not sure I've liked a Rush song since that album came out.

GerryJ

Beautiful song, super talented trio.
I'm not familiar with all their albums - did they ever write a straight forward love song? I don't think they did, or at least none of their hits. Yes had hardly any, except the big hit, Owner lonely heart (thinking of prog type bands).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom