• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What is Red Firemist, Quilt Maple, Brazilian Rosewood & a Bigsby?

Tone Disciple

What will be Red Firemist like my Les Paul Elegant - being held here by Alex Rueb - Sales Manager?

And have this quilt maple top?

This Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard?

This Brazilian Rosewood headstock overlay?

and a Bigsby?

My custom Collings I-35 ordered through Joe Caruso at The Music Emporium!

I am very excited as today I got to visit Collings and select these pieces of wood for my new custom I-35 that I am purchasing through Joe Caruso at the Music Emporium. Alex Rueb at Collings and Joe Caruso are two excellent, very customer-service oriented people to work with and I recommend that you order from them soon and often!

The build will take 2-3 months, but I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product! You guys will get to see it soon after it arrives!

FFTT

I can see that is going to be one beautiful guitar!

Not sure if I'd go red or natural on the top though.

dwes

Great experience/opportunity! WOW!! Congrats, Bro.
Please keep us posted as your I-35's progresses.
Dave

Guitarpentry

Silver Supporting Member
Wow! Not sure I've seen such curly Brazilian before.....:bow
I love red guitars as well, please share the progression pictures with us!

hodad

That's going to be extremely nice. Wayne, I sent you a pm w/pics on BAM, sorry it took me so long. I hope it's helpful.

FFTT

I would have had the quilted samples wetted down to show you what it looks like
natural or with maybe a slight honey stain.

The natural wood tones are already exceptional.

Tone Disciple

That's going to be extremely nice. Wayne, I sent you a pm w/pics on BAM, sorry it took me so long. I hope it's helpful.
Thanks Hodad - I did get the pics and they were helpful.

I would have had the quilted samples wetted down to show you what it looks like natural or with maybe a slight honey stain.
I just snapped a few photos of my wood choices, but Alex was very helpful. We went through a couple of stacks of maple and selected the top four. We then took them up to the front door to look at the grain in angles under natural sunlight. You may not be able to tell that much from the photos, but it was clear what the top would look like in terms of the grain and depth of the quilt. As for the red - hey, its just my thing.

The biggest problem with the whole trip was seeing all of the great Collings at the shop - Brazilian rosewood acoustics that were just unbelievable and the Mandolins - oh my!

Anybody here have a Music Emporium 50th anniversary coming? They are amazing!

FFTT

'Tis OK, I had a thing for Dakota Red Fenders too. ;-)

I'm just jealous cause me wants one bad!!!

Trending Topics