• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

what is SAG???

Toneseeker361

I was looking at the Fender Mustang III, and one of the parameters is called "SAG", it's next to the bias adjustment. This amp is SS by the way, in case you dunno.
Thanks>>>

zenas

In a nut shell sag is the voltage drop you get when you hit a note hard through an amp with a tube rectifer. As the note or cord dies away the voltage comes back up as does the volume.

digear

^^^^ that. Specially in lower strings, bass frequencies need more power, the feel of the amp gets looser and slower, not the best thing if you play thrash metal, but it sounds sweet

'58Bassman

I was looking at the Fender Mustang III, and one of the parameters is called "SAG", it's next to the bias adjustment. This amp is SS by the way, in case you dunno.
Thanks>>>
I'm sure you have heard high voltage power cables referred to as "high tension lines"- think of supply voltage as if it were a clothes line and the demand from the amp as the clothes hanging from it. As you add clothes, the line sags, but you can prop it up with clothes poles (think of these as more capacitance) or you can tighten the line (add tension) by increasing the voltage.

Toneseeker361

I'm sure you have heard high voltage power cables referred to as "high tension lines"- think of supply voltage as if it were a clothes line and the demand from the amp as the clothes hanging from it. As you add clothes, the line sags, but you can prop it up with clothes poles (think of these as more capacitance) or you can tighten the line (add tension) by increasing the voltage.
got it, thank you all, I have alot of learning to do, its good to know there is somewhere to go like TGP

alotas123

Thanks>>>
It's what we used to call "meow," which is VERY descriptive. I love that in my amps. I don't know anything about the emulation of that effect in SS amps, though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom