What is "ska?"

Stike

I mentioned that a new song of mine is sort-of a mixture of blues and ska and one of the guys says "what's ska?"

Life under a rock...how IS it under there?

I'm confused. Your thread title makes it seem like you're asking TGP what is ska but the post is saying your bandmate lives under a rock because they don't know what ska is or......is it actually that you described a song as a mix of blues and ska and when your bandmate asked what ska was you didn't know either and are now asking us what it is?

Simon

Supporting Member
Here's another one by Mustard Plug covering another W Michigan Band called The Verve Pipe.
The story is that Sir Elton John himself offered The Verve pipe tons of $ for this song, but they never sold it to him.

2HBStrat

I'm confused. Your thread title makes it seem like you're asking TGP what is ska but the post is saying your bandmate lives under a rock because they don't know what ska is or......is it actually that you described a song as a mix of blues and ska and when your bandmate asked what ska was you didn't know either and are now asking us what it is?
You really can't tell from what I typed in post #1 what the story is?

Trending Topics