what is the 10" equivalent of the EVM-12?

re-animator

Kinda wondering what that hi-fi speaker sound would be like in my super reverb issue... possibly in x-pattern wit the celestion greenback 10s if they ever come out.

so are there EV-10s?? are there any good alternatives??

Squigglefunk

there definitely is a 10" EV speaker very similar to the 12L, I think it's the EV 10M... hope this helps.

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
there definitely is a 10" EV speaker very similar to the 12L, I think it's the EV 10M... hope this helps.

I can confirm that the EVM 10 exists, that they sound great and that if you put 2 of them in a Super you'd better eat your Wheaties in order to be able to lift that puppy!:D

mark norwine

Yep....EVM-10M. I believe that they weigh 18 pounds each.

I had 4 of them in a super reverb once. The airflow would flap your pants, but you couldn't move the amp!

2 of those speakers were sold, the other 2 are in my buddy's V-lux rev, and even it weighs a ton!

Be careful what you wish for....

http://www.eviaudio.co.jp/download/ev/evm10m.pdf

veldt666

My Super Champ came with an EV10 as stock, but I pulled it years ago to experiment with various 10s.

I kept the Celestion V10 in for the past 5 years, it's a bit more organic than the EV, (Kind of obvious, Eh?)

woof*

SRV's speaker of choice in his supers. they had to change baffles to 3/4 wood to hold em.
:)

cpsdawg

evm-10m. great sounding speaker. hard to find. EV hasn't made them in yrs. they do weigh about 20 lbs. they are like the 12L in that they move a tremendous amount of air. i have one that i wanted to use in a small combo, but it won't fit. the magnet is too big. i'm hestitant to sell it because they are hard to find and in good shape, but i might.

re-animator

sounds like they might not be worth the trouble to find/heft. Maybe I'm just better off keeping it vintage sounding and replacing the speakers with ted webers??

bosstone

My Super Champ came with an EV10 as stock, but I pulled it years ago to experiment with various 10s.

I kept the Celestion V10 in for the past 5 years, it's a bit more organic than the EV, (Kind of obvious, Eh?)

All the ones I have seen in Super Champs have been the FORCE model, not EVMs. Which do you have?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom