• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What is the best amp I can get for 500-700 dollars?

Mike M

I am looking for something fairly inexpensive around 500-700. It can be a head or 1x12 combo. I really prefer something more jangly like a Vox, but all recommendations are appreciated.

H

hemlock

Unless you run across a great deal on something like a Pitbull 45 or the aforementioned models, I think you might be wise to look for a good used Peavey C50 and start saving for an amp in the 1000+ range.

Robertito

This might not be what you're looking for, but an incredibly good deal can be found in Pearce G2R heads, which are 200 watts and stereo, to boot. Worth checking out, at least, and I've seen them go for 300.00. Also, they can cover just about any gig situation.

Mike M

I do have a Vox Ac30 TBX so I was trying to find something a little different. The Ghia sounds interesting but can they cover lots of different tones?

Mike M

I have thought about the Ampegs before. I have 0 expirience with them though. Anywhere to get some clips? Keep em comin!

:D

Texsunburst59

Get a used 68' or 69' bassman head for about $400 or so, then send it to David Allen to have it modded. Normal channel is modded to AA-864 circuit ala Blackface Vibrolux.The bass side is modded to a Bassman Tweed/ Marshall Plexi. The mod is $179 plus shipping. You can now use an A/B box and switch between the two channels.Add multiple overdrives for more tonal options. I have a 66' Blackface bassman head with the Allen mod and I run it through a bassman repro cab loaded with Weber Californias and I can cover alot of tonal territory.

Trending Topics