What is the best Combo amp for all around gigging clubs

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Alessandro Working Dog. I played a Rottweiler once and regret very much not buying it. GREAT sound and extremely lightweight due to the Neo speaker that was in it
Agreed. My go to gig amp is his Doberman. Like the Rottweiler but with EL34 tubes. 33lbs with built in attenuation and reverb. And <$1000 in the used marketplace.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I’m looking closely at the Dr Z Cure or Z Plus. I had the Jetta and it was great, but I wasn’t gigging at the time. Want to try something new else I would consider trying again.

billyguitar

These might be more than you want to spend but first I suggest a Fuchs, better than Fender cleans and a killer drive channel. I have an ODS 50 and a Blackjack 21 MK2 combo. I prefer the ODS by the smallest of margins. Redplates are also killer if you get one that matches the sound you want to hear.

Steve73

It really does not like my Boss SD-1s or Tubescreamers.

I agree with this about the Bella. It has more mids than a Fender Blackface (my other amp is a ‘67 Pro Reverb) so I didn’t like mid humped tubescreamers with it. I am using a Lovepedal Tchula, Lovepedal Box of Awesome and a Boss OS2 with mine. They sound fantastic, especially the Tchula.

sonofspy

I play R &B, Blues, Jazz and country, pop and have to be ready to play almost anything, I Just want to get the best all around Combo 1 X 12 . I still gig a lot and am moving in and out of clubs means weight does matter, I have been using a Rivera Venus, She sounds better then my Fender Deluxe although I swap the 2 combos every week.

What is your opinion of the best sounding all around Combo amp that doesn't weigh a Ton but sounds great. Carr? Fender, Magnarone, marsahall,
Let me know I want a new combo that is a work horse that sounds great. One last thing because I think clean is important I think that she should be at least 30-50w and take pedals well
2 Pro Jr's in stereo... at 22lbs they balance one nicely as you walk with one in each hand.
<$800 the pair. :stir

BMX

Silver Supporting Member
For me the HRD IV or Fender Bassbreaker 30r would get my vote. I like that Fender has started making their combos out of lighter wood. Deluxe Reverbs are one trick ponies (it’s a great trick). These days I like something with a gain knob so I don’t have to bring an overdrive pedal. Also, I like having something I can leave at a venue if I’m playing fri/sat. and not worry about it.

ducker 1

the best--for what, when,who?????--there is no best only different. take a listen to a bunch and decide for yourself

Voodoo Soul Blues

Silver Supporting Member
I gigged with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for a long time and I honestly really regret selling it.....
It was super easy to dial in, very comfortable to play with no unwanted surprises......and sounded great stock.
Some people complained about the overdrive channel but I loved it.....very usable.
I highly recommend it!

Jim234

Somerhing solid state. Your doing lots of gigs so stairs, in and out the car. Its going to get some knocks and you need reliability. Kat does everything, Blackstar Silverline, Nextone, Blues Cube - only amp I have used on the cicuit 3 years plus.

If you go tube then HRD or Peavey Classic, HRD is easy to maintain and just a work horse. It does not get much love in TGP land but gets the job done.

Top Bottom