What is the best delay out there??

Ok, excuse my noob-ness but

what is the best delay pedal out there?

i couldnt even post a poll because im so new to pedals i dont even know a variety of delay pedals.

i was hoping there arent THAT many delay pedals as to OD pedals that are good (because i posted a whats the best OD pedal and there were too many choices)

thanks!

Blues Rocker

There is only one at the top: a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo (TTE). Can be found online new around $1,000-1,100. Fully analog. In fact, you may through out everything but your tuner after experiencing it as it also can do delay crunch.

It is the reincarnation of the old echoplex, used widely in the studios in the '60's.

Passenger84

Silver Supporting Member
hehe Unfortunately, there are a lot of choices, and each of us here will most likely all have a different opinion. ;) It might help narrow the field though, if we could know a bit more information about your delay needs. Are you looking for a specific amount of delay time? Does it need tap tempo? Presets? Or are you just looking for a simple, warm modulation sound?

hehe Unfortunately, there are a lot of choices, and each of us here will most likely all have a different opinion. ;) It might help narrow the field though, if we could know a bit more information about your delay needs. Are you looking for a specific amount of delay time? Does it need tap tempo? Presets? Or are you just looking for a simple, warm modulation sound?
just looking for a simple, warm modulation sound?
-this :)

Im just trying to look for things like what i saw frequently on this thread TC-nova?
any opinions on the nova or know anything better (maybe cheaper?)

thisday1

I'm sorry to say that there may be as many good delay pedals as there are good overdrives because, as i'm sure you've heard, it's all subjective. Some of the best that you'll hear about around here:
EHX Deluxe memory man
skreddy echo
malekko 616
diamond memory lane 2
empress super delay
mxr carbon copy
boss dd7
eventide timefactor

my vote goes to the deluxe memory man. Lush, organic, tweakable modulation and useable oscillation

I have a Boss DD-20 and really like it. It has 4 banks where you can store presets (delay types, tempo, ect.), and to me, it just sounds good. You might check it out. I thinks it's about $230.

onemind

Really like the Mad Professor DPD for simplicity, but currently have a T-Rex Replica and Empress SuperDelay, I don't think I use more than 20% of their functionality though.

Vibro

I like the Ibanez AD-99. Nice warm delay, nuthin fancy. Of course I'd like mine alot better if it wasn't broken.

Bob Womack

Really like the Mad Professor DPD for simplicity, but currently have a T-Rex Replica and Empress SuperDelay, I don't think I use more than 20% of their functionality though.
Between the Replica and the Empress, which do you like the sound of more as a stand-in for a tape echo?

Bob

dougf.

Analogman ARDX20 Dual Delay.
If you need modulation put a chorus or a flanger in its effects loop.
BEST sounding analog delay I've played.
Repeats are warm and thick, but much clearer/pronouned than other analog delays.

onemind

Bob, I think I get warmer sounds with the Replica, but perhaps it's for not exploring all the options on the Empress

Between the Replica and the Empress, which do you like the sound of more as a stand-in for a tape echo?

Bob

p.j.

Ok, excuse my noob-ness but

what is the best delay pedal out there?

i couldnt even post a poll because im so new to pedals i dont even know a variety of delay pedals.

i was hoping there arent THAT many delay pedals as to OD pedals that are good (because i posted a whats the best OD pedal and there were too many choices)

thanks!
No idea if it is the best but I really think my original Tech 21 Boost DLA is extremely cool. It has a lot of great features. It sounds wonderful and doesn't cost too much money. It doesn't have tap tempo or trails but that isn't anything I use or need. The modulation feature sounds great used in moderation. Definitely something to check out.

=-) PJ

Last edited:

gpro34

My two favorites are these. I've had quite a few to compare against, Boss DD-2, Replica, Moog, and many others.

Toneczar Echoczar

EHX Memory Man

56_Special

My two favorites are the Deluxe Memory Man and the Boss DM-2. I haven't tried the Fulltone tape delay. I'm sure it's great.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
in a couple days, every delay made will be listed in this thread. And just coincidentally in the emporium. just wait...;)

Trending Topics