What is the best of the best of the Rolling Stones vast catalog of songs?

DIECHEATO

By the way, does anyone here know what album the track "Memo from Turner" is on besides Metamorphosis? I hate the version I got on the album just mentioned. I heard it a bunch of times in the past and was not really into it. Years later I heard the version again and it knocked me out but, I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

TB72

I won't embed a Youtube clip, but...

Look up Star Star.

"Pissed off Mick" makes for some potent rock'n'roll.

JPH118

Sway
You Gotta Move
Loving Cup
Torn and Frayed
Crazy Mama
Summer Romance
Dance Pt1
Soul Survivor
Luxury
I Don't Know Why
Child of the Moon
Moonlight Mile
I Got the Blues
Jigsaw Puzzle
Stray Cat Blues
Love is Stong
Coming Down Again

I'll stop now
Fantastic list! :beer

NorCal_Val

Anything off “Hot Rocks ‘64-‘71”.
But I’m partial to “Undercover Of The Night” for some reason.

ddeand

Gold Supporting Member
Some of the best Stones songs were covers - mostly of old blues stuff. But this Motown one is a favorite.

And I’ve always liked this one.

russiancrowe

By the way, does anyone here know what album the track "Memo from Turner" is on besides Metamorphosis? I hate the version I got on the album just mentioned. I heard it a bunch of times in the past and was not really into it. Years later I heard the version again and it knocked me out but, I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
That's from a movie that Mick was in called Performance. Ry Cooder plays the slide guitar part on the version in the movie. I'm pretty sure that's the only album it's on.

Last edited:

Jimmy 3

Not a huge fan but one of my favorite artists (Tom Keifer - Keifer Band and Cinderella) has shared if he could be in another band, he'd go with the Stones. Some of my favs . . . hope you enjoy:

Trending Topics